Canadiens vs. Flames Top Six Minutes: Carey On
Carey Price ties Patrick Roy in wins as the Habs beat Calgary.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
Carey Price could tie Patrick Roy for wins in a Canadiens jersey. Do the thing, boys.
- Oh lord. Oh Jeff. This is not how you want to start the game...
- Someone cursed Artturi Lehkonen. That's the only explanation for that play.
- Things are certainly fast and furious in the first five minutes.
- CURSED, I TELL YOU.
- Dear Mr. Rittich, please stop this. Thank you. Signed, Habs fans everywhere.
- Boo. Ok PK...please survive.
- Thank you, Carey.
- Speaking of Carey, apparently he now has played the most minutes of any Habs goalie ever.
- God the Lehkonen/Druin/Domi line has been so good.
- ARGGGGGGGGGGGG. Habs. What the hell were any of you doing??? (All watching the guy behind the net and paying zero attention to Tkachuk in front. That's what.)
- Well. The Habs certainly aren't losing from lack of effort or chances./
Il y a eu deux punitions au CH en première. Mais Domi (3:51), Drouin (3:41) et Lehkonen (4:00) sont les trois attaquants les moins utilisés après 20 minutes.— J-F Chaumont (@JFChaumontJDM) October 24, 2018
- THIS SEEMS LESS THAN IDEAL WHEN THEY WERE ONE OF THE BEST LINES??/
- OK Habs, now would be a really great time to buck the unsuccessful early period power play trend.
- Well, they moved the the puck well, but jeez, Domi, you gotta bury that.
- Turns out that first goal went in off Frolik's skate. No wonder it went in so oddly.
- I SWEAR. WHO CURSED ARTTURI.
- Everyone but Carey Price was in the Flames’ blue paint there. This is hilarious. How do the Habs not have at least one goal already.
- WE'RE 25 MINUTES INTO THIS GAME AND THE HABS ARE OUTSHOOTING CALGARY 20-7 BUT WE DON'T HAVE A GOAL. THIS IS ABSURD. PLEASE STOP RETTICH.
- Oh, Jeff darling, why. (That was such a weak call.)
- Lady Luck took one look at the Habs, pointed, laughed, and left. That is the only possible explanation for this ridiculousness.
- Habs speed drawing power plays *heart eyes*
- Why do the hockey gods hate the Habs today.
- Gally's fired up.
- Please do not break Drouin. (Also, Brodie?? That was so dumb??)
- WHO NEEDS SHEA WHEN WE HAVE JEFF.
- God bless Jeff Petry.
- I am so tired of David Rittich.
- Jeff Petry is also very tired of David Rittich. Turns out all we needed was some Petry dishes. I love Petry so much, you guys.
- (ALSO, GALLY GOAL!!)
- THE DAM HAS BROKEN. Holy crap, that shot.
- JESUS PRICE.
- Andrew...you just got over a concussion. Please stop.
- WELL, THAT WAS FUN./
- “Johnny Gaudreau has been quiet tonight.” Well, he's bound to score now.
- One of these days Kotkaniemi's genius is gonna pay off...one of these days...
- Jeff, please do not, we need you way more than we need Jordie.
- Well. The third period has definitely been much less exciting/infuriating than the other two...
- Carey Price is climbing up into some pretty rarefied air when it comes to records.
- Oh geez. Max, why do you do this.
- ISTG Habs, if you blow this lead and make me re-work my title and everything, I'm going to be very cross.
- Gaudreau is gonna score on the power play to tie it up, and I'm gonna be so mad...
- Kotka getting a lot of ice in the third. It's great.
- Lol Rittich trying to sneak off for the extra man and having to backtrack so hard.
- This is so stressful...
- He missed the empty net
- Jordie what are you doing.
- Does anyone else get chills knowing we're watching history in the making?
- CAREY PRICE HAS TIED PATRICK ROY.
- HABS WIN 3-2./
Highlight of the Game
The shot that broke the dam.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Sometimes we don’t say this enough.
2) Not now he won’t.
1) Back in the win column, through no small amount of effort.