Habs vs Devils Top Six Minutes: Welcome back Hockey!
It’s finally time for some (somewhat) meaningful hockey!
- For whatever reason, I’m intrigued by Yuri Alexandrov. Is it mostly because he sounds like a James Bond villain? Well, the answer is yes.
- I’ve spent all day worrying about what sort of craziness Bobby Farnham is going to get into, and I really hope he proves me wrong.
- On the bright side, I’m incredibly excited to see what Artturi Lehkonen does on the top line, against an actual team.
- Also, for the love of god please let this game not be a typical snorefest like most games against New Jersey.
- Taylor Hall is the most exciting thing to happen to New Jersey since they got new air fresheners to cover up the stench of Newark./
- It’s preseason for everyone, including whoever the hell that anthem singer was.
- But hey it’s time for real hockey!
- The Lehkonen/Galchenyuk/Gallagher line already paying huge dividends, racking up scoring chances with ease.
- Noted astrophysicist Markus Eisenschmid opens the scoring for the Habs!
- Also pretty sure I should win the #1stHabsGoal contest for picking that him to score, and if I don’t I’ll probably just throw a tantrum on Twitter.
- Jacob de la Rose gets called for holding and Joseph Blandisi flails around on the ground like a fish out of water.
- And on the power play Adam Henrique ties the game, and makes sure that de la Rose likely starts the season in Therrien’s doghouse.
- First preseason game and Gallagher is already crashing the net and getting knocked around like a pinball.
- And he drew a penalty! It’s like preseason Christmas!
- Lehkonen’s reaction to his penalty might just be the most adorable thing I’ve ever seen.
- Hey we’re tied and Farnham hasn’t done anything stupid, not the worst end to the first period of real hockey this year./
- Looks like Daniel Carr got kneed in the head along the boards, and now I remember why preseason hockey makes me nervous.
- DSP takes a penalty to cancel a power play, which I think means the Habs won that trade right?
- The Habs penalty kill is not at it’s best tonight, two goals against both scored by Adam Henrique.
- Charlie Lindgren enters the game and immediately makes a great stop on the goal line.
- It’s the first game of the preseason, but the power play looks a bit better than last season, even if they haven’t scored yet.
- Well, some things happened in that period, nothing super interesting mind you./
- Take a bow Charlie Lindgren! What a save!
- I’d like to know who is cursing our blessed tiny Finn with the inability to convert one of his goal scoring chances.
- To my eye Noah Juulsen has had a solid game tonight, following up a good rookie tournament in London.
- Andrighetto with a prime scoring chance is robbed by a rookie goalie, giving all fans flashbacks to last December.
- Poor Lindgren, outstanding since he came in for Condon, can’t stop a slow trickling puck on a Michael McLeod shot, Devils up 3-1.
- Heyyyy there Zach Redmond! The unheralded free agent signing continues to push hard for a spot in the NHL with a goal!
- A loss is a loss is a loss... But hey, Habs hockey is back!!/