Canadiens vs. Capitals Top Six Minutes: Bouncing Back
Goals from Gallagher, Lehkonen, and company help Habs bounce back in a strong win against the Capitals
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- No Eller is a very sad thing for this fan.
- We have Mike Johnson!!!!/
- Montreal's first look at the defending champions. This should be interesting...
- Matthew Peca is a joy to watch.
- Gally goals are the best kind of goals. It is known. Same can be said for Gally grins.
- Joel Ward gets his first point on that glorious goal from Chaput.
- Speaking of glorious, that's definitely the word I'd pick to describe Axel Jonsson Fjällby's flow.
- Ward is definitely still a player.
- Shots are 12-0 Habs. This is wild.
- Caps have their first shot on net. It only took them 15:45.
- JDLR with the snipe!!! Swedish connection there, as Lukas Vejdemo gets the primary assist/
- "Tom Wilson finds the oddest places to take penalties” - Mike Johnson (he's so right).
- Well, despite seeing almost no action, Charlie Lindgren is definitely awake.
- PRINCE ARTTURI. Perfect pass, perfect deflection — as you might expect from Artturi Lehkonen and Brendan Gallagher.
- “Death, taxes, and one-timers.” An Alex Ovechkin power play goal from that spot on the ice, and no one is surprised. There are even cheers from the fans.
- Too much man.
- Can we please have Mike Johnson on every broadcast forever please?
- Alain and Vejdemo with some hustle there.
- Please do not decapitate Charles.
- Oh they made Gally mad.
- Joel Ward just saved Rinat Valiev from certain death against Tom Wilson./
- While it's certainly against an AHL Capitals squad with only a few of their top players, seeing the Habs bounce back after Wednesday's disaster is quite nice.
- Please stop passing the puck directly to the Capitals, Habs.
- Ward draws his second power play of the game.
- Throughout the ups and downs of this pre-season, one thing has been consistent. The Habs are speedy this year.
- Now, if only they could pass cleanly...
- Wait...that went... IN? Good thing Ward saved Valiev earlier.
- This might be the Habs’ best kill of the night...I say as the Capitals hit the post...
- Well, that was fun!!
- HABS WIN 5-2!!/
Highlight of the Game
Practically perfect in every way.
Beautiful stretch pass from Tatar to Gallagher, and Gallagher hits a streaking Lehkonen for the fourth #Habs goal pic.twitter.com/y3855Hix0P— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) September 21, 2018