Canadiens vs. Capitals Top Six Minutes: Firewagon Hockey
Montreal’s offence kicks in to high gear as the Habs win another game in the final minute of the third.
- Hats off to the Washington Capitals for having one of the most memorable post-Stanley Cup hangovers of all time. It definitely beat whatever the boring Penguins were doing with the Cup.
- Wait, how the heck does Holtby have a 11-1-2 record versus the Canadiens?!
- Carey Price is on his way towards becoming the winningest goalie in Canadiens history. Take a minute to let that soak in./
- KOTKANIEMI DID THE THING!!! BABY FINN’S FIRST CAREER NHL GOAL!!! AND WHAT A BEAUTY IT WAS!!!
- But Lars Eller has to twist the knife in, and ties up the game at one.
- In a battle of unlikely agitators, Gallagher and Kuznetsov are jawing at each other.
- When did Tomas Tatar learn to dangle like this?
- A Hudon-o-rama nearly succeeded.
- Ouch, Carey Price just took a puck off the noggin. In true Price fashion, he shakes it off and keeps on playing./
- Brendan Gallagher gets his revenge, twice!
- Jonathan Drouin is rocking a rather interesting hairstyle this season.
- That’s right, how could I forget that the Caps have a Hulk - er, an Ovechkin.
- Two goal leads are truly the worst leads in hockey. Lars, please feel free to stop scoring on us anytime now.
- Water is wet, Ovechkin scores again and the Capitals take the lead. Darn those cursed 3-1 leads.
- On one hand, it is still a one goal game. On the other hand, the Habs are on the power play to start the third. Hang on to your seats, folks./
- Andrew Shaw nearly undressed Washington’s entire defence with an impressive solo effort. He’s the only spark on a rather ineffective power play.
- I would really appreciate it if the commentators could stop talking about potential Alex Ovechkin hat tricks. Can we talk about potential Brendan Gallagher hat tricks instead?
- HOW DID MAX DOMI NOT PUT THAT PUCK IN?! This is some Holtby voodoo, wizardry and magic.
- Hudon took an ill-timed third period penalty. Whelp, I guess this means we won’t be seeing him back on the ice for a while. So long Charles, it was nice knowing you.
- BABY FINN STRIKES AGAIN!!! ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!! TIE GAME!!!
- Overtime? Hell no. MAX DOMI ENDS IT IN STYLE!!!
- Take that Holtby./
Highlight of the Night
Jesperi Kotkaniemi scores his first career NHL goal!
EOTP Three Stars
3. Can you predict tomorrow’s lottery numbers too? Asking for a friend.
2. Just take your star and go.
1. You are damn right.