Canadiens vs. Capitals Top Six Minutes: Morale Booster
It was a close one in Washington, thanks to Eller, but Pacioretty and the Habs came away with the win.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
So, I'm kind of just going to assume this is going to be a terrible game, enjoy Ovi and Eller, and if good things happen, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
- Well that was a surprisingly energetic start for the Habs. I said in last game's recap that i'd never seen Lehk be so invisible...he was definitely visible there.
- These are not the Habs I was expecting.
- These are the Habs I know.
- Ah yes. The old one-two of tripping and embellishment
- How did none of those go in...
- Aiiii LARRY. (It's ok, he didn't do anything, I'm just yelling)
- Oh geez. Caps power play *internal screaming.*
- That was actually a really good first period? Uneventful mostly, but good./
- Uhhhhg Hudon and Pacioretty were SO close. Hudon needed to shoot that.
- That was not a great power play. On the other hand, as Habs PPs go, it wasn't awful either.
- A POWER PLAY GOAL. AND A PRETTY ONE. FROM THE CAPTAIN.
- Eller and Chucky taking faceoffs against each other. *sob*
- Welp. It was gonna happen eventually.
- Ahh the ping of heart-break. Gally rings the post.
- Oh Patch...be ok!!! ...Seriously. Seriously??? Uhhgggg.
- It's ok. Patch is ok.
- That's quite the pile up at the whistle./
- Desi drops the gloves with Wilson, and definitely gets the win on that one. Oh hey! We got the power lay and everything!
- Eller and Pacioretty tangling on special teams is even worse than Eller and Chucky on the face-off. I mean, I'm sure I'm the only one who cares, but I'm also the one writing this TSM, so there.
- HOW. DID. CHUCKY. NOT. SCORE.
- Lol, did Oshie just break the scoreboard? Whoops!!
- HOW MANY POSTS ARE THEY GOING TO HIT TONIGHT. Lehkonen this time.
- After a really, really bad game against Boston, this might be the best one I've seen them play in a long time. Either that...or Washington is just being really bad... (let's go with the first one, it sounds better)
- BYRON, and not even on the breakaway this time!!!
- Aww that bench shot of Rosie, Lehks, and Gally reacting to the goal was adorable.
- Hey Grubauer, I need you to stop being so good.
- Boy do the Habs want this game waaaaay more than the Caps do. About six times the hustle on that shift. Of course, with Ovi on the ice, you can never be sure what's gonna happen...
- AAIIIIIIIIII I take it back, please calm down, Washington!!!
- That's a really, really early empty net for the Caps...This is making me nervous...
- EMPTY NETTER BY THE CAPTAIN. That was a really nice effort by Oshie, but an even nicer effort by Patch.
- LARRY. Oh crap. We're not supposed to be rooting for him anymore...
- God damn it, Larry. You gotta go make it close.
- (That was so pretty)
- HABS WIN 3-2!!!/
Highlight of the Game
The Captain absolutely wires one for the first of the game!
Pacioretty fires it top shelf 🔥 pic.twitter.com/cR9tNWHCK4— NHL GIFs (@NHLGIFs) January 20, 2018
EOTP 3 Stars
3. Thanks ... I think
2. Such a thing is usually frowned upon