Canadiens vs. Capitals Top Six Minutes: Carey Price earns his 250th win
The Habs’ MVP hits a milestone during Montreal’s victory over Washington
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
Price is playing for his 250th win. This should be a good one.
- First game against former Canadien Lars Eller, but yes, sure, lets continue discussing the Subban trade. I have heard nothing about this trade. Nothing.
- Gallagher is going to score today. He came out to win.
- Ovechkin has described his shot as “muffin”, I want to know what kind of muffins he has been eating.
- Broken stick count is at 1 (Carlsson, Washington)
- Just one save for Holtby...the Habs only took the one shot though so he’s doing okay.
- That was a penalty, also that. What is a whistle?
- Lehkonen tucks it into the net, nice and cozy. /
- Carey Price continues to Carey Price.
- It’’s refreshing to have the other teams power play be unimpressive.
- I came out to watch incredible goalies be incredible, and I would appreciate if the skaters could throw some more pucks at them.
- ELLER WITH A PLAY OFF THE BOARDS AND A SOLID SCORING CHANCE
- I mean, uh... nice save Price.
- 5 on 3 for Washington, this is going to end well...
- ...and quickly
- I do NOT want to hear the words “Weber” and “in pain” together in that order.
- Petry is having a good week.
- I wish the Caps would break their sticks over things that are not our players.
- Beaulieu gets ten minutes, because sure, why not?/
- Weber is on the bench. Thank the hockey gods.
- Beaulieu is still out. I believe the call was ten minutes for sarcasm.
- GALLAGHER SCO-really tries hard. He does.
- Washington needs to keep better track of Lehkonen.
- Markov is hurt. I retract my previous statement to the hockey gods.
- Solid defensive play by our current sixth defenceman, the cross bar.
- Game over. Habs hang on 2-1, with Price earning win 250! /
EOTP 3 Stars
Third star: An astute observation
Second star: Put him on the plane back to Montreal
First star: Finally the injuries can end! Although there was that Weber blocked shot after you arrived. And a lower-body injury to Markov. And Radulov was down and out for a bit. Charles Hudon was seen wearing a walking boot. Jacob de la Rose had ice taped to both legs after the game versu...
Habs Highlight of the Night
Max Pacioretty finds a sneaky Jeff Petry: