Canadiens vs. Canucks Top Six Minutes: A winning start to the new year
The Canadiens started 2019 strong with a 2-0 shutout of Vancouver.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
It's been a whole year since I've done Habs game coverage! :D
- I don't know about the rest of you, but all I can think of when I see Jacob Markstrom's name is that brilliant “Do You Want To Build A Snowman"?” parody “Do You Want to Have a Goalie Fight?” from a couple of years ago.
- JoDru and the Finnish line are looking like beasts out there in the early going.
- Oh lord, that's not a good player to let in all alone!! cringes
- I haven't been able to catch a Habs game for a while, so of course I missed Lehk's last goal and Jeff Petry winning the Carey Price Cup, otherwise known as the Molson Cup.
- Elias Pettersson has been mentioned twelve million times already and we're not even half way through the first. He's so gonna score.
- Good kill, boys. Good kill.
- One of these days Victor Mete is gonna get a goal. One of these days.
- WHY IS IT ALWAYS BRENDAN GALLAGHER'S HAND.
- Good lord, JORDIE. Are we sure we didn't accidentally bring back the wrong Benn brother?
- That was a really, really impressive delayed penalty shift!
- Oh thank god, Gally's back. Everyone stand down on the panic./
- Carey Price is pretty wonderful. Just saying.
- Oh yikes. That was a very awkward fall.
- LEHK. Almost.
- OH MY, DROUIN.
- Lehk pretty much has a hat trick of almost-goals.
- I love Brendan Gallagher, that is all.
- CAREY. That was some serious dad power there./
- Vancouver has a power play.
- And now they don't.
- So....you call the very tight penalty on Vancouver, but not the high stick on Domi. Ok then. (On the other hand, pls do not, Max.)
- That was actually a pretty decent power play.
- HOW DID THAT NOT GO IN. HOW.
- So many posts.
- TOO MUCH MAN.
- Really would have been the cherry on the cake if Kotka had scored on that empty net there...
- The Price is right, baby!
- HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY, HABS WIN 2-0!!!/
Highlight of the night
EOTP 3 Stars
3) He’s really taking that criticism to heart
2) Just putting him where the Canucks’ goons can’t get to him
1) Quite a turnaround for the netminder
And a bonus star for this one.