Canadiens vs Bruins - Top Six Minutes - Does it get even better? It might
The Montreal Canadiens take the season series against the Boston Bruins 3-1, each game won by a single goal. This is hockey.
- Alex Galchenyuk in the first period. Wow. Hard to believe he played under 4 minutes.
- Michael Ryder being a Bruins killer now is only fair since he's the reason they weren't eliminated in the first round in 2011.
- Jaromir Jagr is impossibly strong. He was checked tons of times in the game, he was knocked over once, because he tripped over his own stick after.
- Every time Zdeno Chara let's a slapshot go, I wince seeing it on TV. Josh Gorges would block it with his face.
- I hope he doesn't do that though because I think he might die.
- Down a top 4 defenseman early in the game after Alexei Emelin left the game with what looked like a knee injury, the Canadiens put up a valiant effort with 5 defensemen.
- With a powerplay drawn by a Chara dive in the last minute of the third, the Montreal Canadiens didn't even let the Bruins get a shot attempt.
- P.K. Subban was a +16 on Fenwick tonight, which is simply astounding. If he doesn't win the Norris at this point, he's getting jobbed.
- Without Patrice Bergeron, Tyler Seguin was a -7 Fenwick. Brad Marchand was -6.
- CBC after an intense game between perhaps the two best teams in the East, let Ron MacLean literally say these words: "Do we have time for Montreal/Boston? No? Okay"
- They then went back to covering the Leafs vs Devils game.
- Carey Price was phenomenal once again, letting out very few rebounds and making everything look easy. Tuukka Rask was good to, but it's just not the same level of good.
- No three stars tonight because I'm going out to celebrate!