Canadiens vs. Blues Top Six Minutes: Backcheck, forecheck, WIN
They blew the lead in the third, but a no-quit attitude got it back.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Pleky is honoured tonight for playing his 1000th game. In typical Habs fashion, they do something extra special - former teammates including Saku Koivu, Jose Theodore, and Brian Gionta (wearing a turtleneck) send along their congrats
- A standing ovation from the crowd, stick taps from both teams and me, crying
- Ok - here we go!
- And only 39 seconds in, Max Domi gets his first with the Habs
- Moments later, Pat Maroon bugs Jordie Benn repeatedly until he drops the gloves. Weekly reminder that fighting in hockey is stupid
- Noah Juulsen is not taking anything tonight - throwing his weight around
- Up by one at the end of the first and Habs seem to be dictating the pace of play/
- I see our power play still leaves a lot to be desired
- Bad guys score during four on four - Price didn’t see that one at all, solid screen by Maroon
- Tomas Tatar is quick - not Paul Byron quick - but he has been dominant tonight
- We need a sniper back on this PP
- Mike Reilly scores! Alright. We can keep him.
- I want - nay, NEED - Jesperi Kotkaniemi to score tonight
- All I can hear is Domi and Jonathan Drouin yelling ‘Lehky, Lehky, Lehky!’ and it makes me smile
- Price better kiss that goal post
- Potentially a soft call on Maroon there but frankly, if you so much as look at Kotkaniemi the wrong way, you deserve a penalty IMO
- #JesusChristCareyPrice what a save
- Score is 2-1 after 40/
- St. Louis gets a power play shortly into the third
- POKE CHECK CAREY PRICE
- Karl Alzner has not been as terrible as I expected
- Any time someone touches Artturi Lehkonen I feel the anger rise within me
- Montreal is shutting St. Louis down on nearly every attempt
- I would very much like to end the Benn experiment now
- Alex Galchenyuk is still the best 27 the Habs have ever had and I will die on this hill
- Another power play for St. Louis - maybe stay out of the box little bb Habs?
- And Brayden Schenn buries it - game is ties with 3:29 left in the third. I take back my Alzner comment
- Byron is such a good skater, damn
- Okay - last minute - let’s avoid OT, boys
- oh. my. god. Brendan Gallagher. That is what I am talking about.
- Before this season began, I admittedly had extremely low expectations. This team is surprising me every night in a great way. So much fun./
Highlight of the Night
Brendan Gallagher...Clutch pic.twitter.com/rg6wtJQKqM— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) October 18, 2018
EOTP 3 Stars
3) As long you had your turtleneck to wipe your tears.
2) Well we couldn’t very well not include this one.
1) The successful prognostication per 60 is off the charts so far this season.