Canadiens vs. Blues Top Six Minutes: A strong start undone by a lack of finish
Habs were on fire to start the game, not allowing a single shot until the last minutes of the first period, but the Blues took control of the game from there.
"And Nic Deslauriers can be the third man on that line"— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) January 31, 2018
Just about sums up the season at this point.
- Mete accelerating wide, driving in the offensive zone to get a shot on net; one of the few constantly encouraging sights of the season.
- Galchenyuk LOVES between-the-legs passes on the powerplay...maybe a little too much.
- Lehkonen is incurably cursed.
- It feels good for the Habs not to be on the receiving side of some booing for once. Blues have yet to record a shot. /
- There's too much space between Blues forwards and the Habs line of defence. 1-0 Blues./
This is how Galchenyuk should play every shift: first on the puck, battles, gains body positioning to take possession, and manages a hard shot on net from a pass after a few moves protecting the puck. pic.twitter.com/l1yxmYSJ8T— David St-Louis (@RinksideView) January 31, 2018
- At least the Habs are trying to battle back. A few really good chances for them, just need to bury those.
- I have a weird déjà vu feeling. /
- Textbook example of shooting for rebounds. 2-0 Blues.
- Victor Mete is what Claude Julien thinks Joe Morrow can be.
- Byron hits the boards hard; dangerous and useless hit from Parayko. The forward's play has been one of the bright spot in this last stretch of games for the Habs. Let's hope this is not a long term loss.
- Horrible execution from Pacioretty. 3-0 Blues.
- A great effort from Gallagher (who else). Charles Hudon scores his seventh. 3-1 Blues. /
Highlight of the night
Massive scramble in front of the net leads to a Brendan Gallagher goal to end Hutton's shutout bid. pic.twitter.com/P2l2Fy6kjS— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) January 31, 2018
EOTP 3 Stars
2. The most plausible reason