Montreal vs. Colorado Top Six Minutes: Avalanche Control
The Habs’ best game in months halts the the Avalanche's headlong rush.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Well, that was a much better/more hit-y first couple of shifts from the Habs than I was expecting.
- Do not touch Chucky.
- So this power play is half excellent, and half disaster....
- Oh look, it's Long Beach native, Matt Nieto
- I love Jeff Petry, that is all.
- That was the penalty?
- It's a very good thing that Carey Price is good with his blocker.
- The Habs look...not bad tonight???
- Huh. That was a surprisingly decent first period./
- Get. The. Puck. Out.
- Schlemko turned around there, and I 100% thought he was Pateryn for a minute there.
- That was a very nice penalty kill. #AlmostByron
- How is Landesgod only 24. He's been in the league for decades.
- DESI?? AGAIN?? That celly was amazing. He is this year's Dale Weise.
- Don't push Gally!!! Go sit in the box and feel shame, Barberio.
- That was a really nice shift from Chucky there.
- Oh my Chucky. That was nice.
- That was almost an absolutely amazing play by Byron. #AlmostByron
- The Habs are doing a really good job retrieving pucks and getting their first. It's so nice to see.
- I was not expecting the Habs to look this good tonight.
- Ok...now please play that well in the third too./
- Wow. If the Habs would play like this all the time, they'd be so. much. fun.
- PATCH. Uhg. At least it drew a power play.
- Why is Hudon down. Why is he slow to get up. Why do the hockey gods hate us.
- Patch has been so close so many times this game.
- Hudon is back, and the power play is still going. Everyone breathe.
- JoDru! That was beautiful. That up-ice rush from Petry was flawless.
- Of course it was NateMac. Also, that goal was 100% the announcers’ faults, seeing as they said shut out like four times a couple minutes ago.
- SHOTS ARE 38-19???? Oh my goodness, who are these guys wearing red, and what have they done with the Habs? More importantly, can we KEEP them??
- Jeff Petry. Seriously. What a game he’s had.
- GALLY GOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLL!!!!!
- That was seriously icing on a very pretty cake.
- Uuuhhhhhg you couldn't hold on for twelve more seconds??
- Seriously though, that was a really great game. Fun, strong, sound on all ends.
- HABS WIN 4-2!!!!/
Highlight of the Game
The goal was good, but the celly was even better.
The harder they celly, the harder they fall.— NHL (@NHL) January 24, 2018
😂 @Nicdeslauriers4 😂 pic.twitter.com/f45LxzxsRi
EOTP 3 Stars