Canadiens vs. Avalanche Top Six Minutes: Clobbered in Colorado
Yet another shutout loss for the Habs
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
The Canadiens played two back-to-back games this past weekend, but it already feels like forever ago. I miss these guys.
Alex Galchenyuk is back at centre, in case you hadn’t heard.
- When GameCentre logs me out is my favourite.
- Anthems: Good pitch, weird inflection./
- Well, that went downhill fast.
- The Avalanche came out PUMPED
- Oh, goodness gracious. 2-0 already. Two and a half minutes in!
- I sometimes wonder if the master plan involves finishing SECOND in the division. Not gonna lie that I secretly wish they would.
- So, like five minutes have gone by without a Colorado goal!
- Oooh, nice chance there for Lehkonen.
- Power play, because you can’t hang on to jerseys like that. Nice catch.
- A Shea Weber slapshot would make me feel a whole lot better.
- Lehkonen with the best chance, again.
- That one could have been a whole lot better.
- Wow, I forgot how completely crazy Jarome Iginla got after that hit by Emelin last time these two met.
- Gah! Pacioretty nearly had that one! (Beauty pass by Beaulieu)
- Okay, the Habs appear to have caught their stride. Right in time for intermission!/
- Why is everything day-glo? My eyes hurt.
- OK - NOW they’re pouring it on.
- Five minutes in, the Habs have had some great chances - still nada.
- Nice work by Emelin and Weber on that MacKinnon breakaway.
- Pickard’s movements are kind of jerky. It looks like he’s saying, “oh my god, oh my god!”
- Liv Price forever!
- Galchenyuk with some nifty moves - still nada.
- Third goal on Carey Price. Assist Barberio. 3-0 now.
- Good news! The Canadiens get another power play.
- It didn’t look bad, but - still nada.
- Another power play! Should I still be getting excited about getting these?
- Guess not./
- I’m going to let you in on a little secret: the Habs will win this game.
- Plekanec with a nice chance early - still nada.
- Unfortunate giveaway by Nesterov, leads to a penalty preventing the breakaway.
- Son: Oh, his beard is so yellow! THANKS SPORTSNET
- Ridiculous call on Plekanec.
- Five on three time.
- The Colorado Avalanche have a hat trick, ladies and gentlemen.
- Oh, and better news, another assist for Barberio!
- Ten minutes left to score four goals.
- The Captain is getting chippy.
- At least Matt Duchene hasn’t scored though, eh?
- Another Habs power play. Just reporting the facts.
- I don’t like the words “blowing a tire” used in a Colorado game. Juuuuust because.
- A Colorado player made the terrible decision of blocking a Shea Weber shot.
- Brave, or dumb - not sure.
- I don’t get it - the power play had been so good.
- What’s with the Pac Man sounds? They’re almost rude.
- In that game against Tampa this season, I believe after the game Therrien said there were, “no positives.” I’m searching for one tonight.
- I know! When the broadcast showed pictures of Carey Price and his daughter.
- 4:22 left. Willing to admit that they’re probably not getting four goals now.
- That’s it.
- Do your best to enjoy your evenings, folks. Colorado wins 4-0. /
EOTP 3 Stars
Third star: He almost scored, anyway. Speaking of which...
First star: Hopefully Groundhog Day didn’t reset a whole year
Habs Highlight of the Night
Summary of the Habs game: pic.twitter.com/nW3Ti47B0I— Marc Dumont (@MarcPDumont) February 8, 2017