Canadiens @ Red Wings Top Six Minutes: No Reprieve
The Habs got a couple of nice goals, but overall were flat in their loss to one of the worst teams in the league.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
I have a horrible head cold, and haven't watched a Habs game in a really long time, but I just happen to get a game with Mike Johnson on broadcasting. I win. (To put it into perspective, the last time I watched a game, Montreal was in a playoff spot.)
- Three wins in their last 20 something games? Oh dear. They're gonna win now, aren't they.
- Gulp. That was not great.
- That shot from Cousins was though.
- I knew Detroit wasn't good. I did not realize they were THAT bad.
- I hate it when fans yell "shooooot”, but Kovy should probably have shot.
- Oh Dutch. Why.
- Danault and the killers being much better than the Detroit power play.
- OH Cousins, what was that?
- BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. PRINCE ARTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIII.
- Well, at least Montreal has this. Their special teams are better than Detroit's.
- That pass from Kovalchuk was pretty mint.
- Oh lord, shots are 12-6 for Detroit.
- ...really??? THAT'S a penalty these days??
- Ok Lehk. Do it again./
- 4-20-3 when allowing the first goal?? Oh dear...
- Kovalchuk looking good.
- So's Lindgren for that matter.
- Things they are and aren't calling this game on both sides is stupid.
- Turns out that you can't punch people in the face, lolol.
- OY, do not do that to Lehk!
- They actually SCORED five-on-three! Amazing! And they made it look SO easy too.
- Good to see the shots starting to even up just a little bit!
- Weber on the...breakaway????
- Well. It's been a while since they called one of those. Cousins is not having a good night.
- Aahahaha. Calling the Julien bench shot.
- Ah, damn it. And of course it was the Dane.
- Kovy, Domi, and Suzuki? I like. That was a good shift.
- WHY DOES THE UNIVERSE HATE LEHK.
- Please do not crush the kids...
- Oh Tuna.
- Jeff Petry sees your fancy stick work, and says nahhhh./
- Oh no.
- This power play is much less good.
- Oh. My. Goodness. That pass. That WEIRD finish. Mete's offense against Detroit continues!
- That was a lousy power play, but the most recent shift from Mete and company was awfully pretty.
- The Dane again?? Why you gotta do this to me, Frans? (Also really??? Habs???)
- At least shots are the more respectable 27-24.
- Please don't go to OT. I am sick. I don't want this to be long drawn out.
- On the other hand, also please don't lose. So, you've got five minutes.
- Which means you may want to stop playing in your own zone.
- Oh god, Kotka.
- I mean, guess I get to go to bed?
- Empty net...
- Thank you Dad. And by Dad, I obviously mean Shea.
- More sighs.
- Habs lose 4-3./
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Very considerate
2) Nice to give the Detroit fans something to cheer about
1) Not quite so far from 31st overall now!