Sunday Habs Headlines: Have the Canadiens’ in-season moves set the team up for the future?
In today’s links, looking at the trades the Canadiens have made and the prospects and picks that have been added, as well as a look at the maturity of Alex Galchenyuk and the consistency of Alex Ovechkin.
Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Looking at all the moves Marc Bergevin has made since the season started, there are a few trades that can be qualified as wins, though the team is still far from reaching the status of a contender. [RDS | Google Translate]
- Eric Engels’ deadline evaluation focuses on the additions to the prospect pool the Habs made, or could make with their draft picks. [Sportsnet]
- Alex Galchenyuk had a 400th game to remember on Friday:/
400th game . pic.twitter.com/Q2bPVUP5dr— Alex Galchenyuk (@AGally94) March 3, 2018
- Galchenyuk is quickly becoming a veteran on a team filled with rookies in a league trending toward speed and skill. It is bringing opportunities to show the new guys the way for a player who was in that position just a few seasons ago. [The Athletic]
- The Canadiens hold their own Oscars vote, with their teammates as the nominees:/
Around the league and elsewhere
- Alex Ovechkin hit 40 goals in a season yet again. [NHL.com]
- The San Jose Sharks signed Swiss league player Vincent Praplan to an entry-level contract. [Fear The Fin]
- The Colorado Avalanche have bought out 23-year-old defenceman Andrei Mironov. [Mile High Hockey]
- He wasn’t overly happy about that decision. [Mile High Hockey]/