Canadiens @ Lightning Game 1 Top Six Minutes: Down, but not out
The Canadiens make too many errors in Game 1 and fall 5-1.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- The Stanley Cup final. Feel it, it’s does sounds great, doesn’t it?
- Joel Armia has travelled to Florida, it will be interesting to see if he plays.
- It is the final, the Stanley Cup final, let the games begin!/
- No Armia. Jake Evans gets his chance.
- Some chances for both teams to start the game, nothing serious though.
- Boom! Tip in from Cernak, and the bad guys leads 1-0.
- A minor altercation with Gallagher involved. Not surprised.
- Tampa starting to build up some pressure. Last change really helps Tampa out.
- Power play Montreal, a chance to get back into the game.
- Good defencive play from Caufield, and some good plays from the first power play unit.
- Tampa Bay goes to the power play with about a minute to go./
- Point with a great chance to end the power play.
- Caufield gets a good look in the next shift.
- Chiarot hits the post, best chance so far?
- TV SAVE from Price, Stamkos still don’t know what hit him.
- Coleman, first shot doesn’t get through and the puck is al alone in the slotm Coleman whacks it home. 2-0.
- Great play by Lehkonen, Weber and Gallagher. Weber gets sprung, alone with the goalie but no goal.
- Long long shift from the Canadiens here, they get stuck in the defensive zone. Cooper winning the line matching battle att the moment.
- Carey Price!
- Turnover and Anderson is alone with Vasilevski, the goalie gloves it.
- Shifty Byron, to Anderson and no goal. Keeping the pressure and Chiarot SCORES! (after some pinball action).
- Lehkonen with some sort of Alley-Hoop play to Gallagher, who gets a Tampa backpack on him as he streaks towards the Tampa goal. /
- Another pinball situation, and Tampa leads 3-1. Chiarot can’t get the puck away with his hand, and somehow the puck ends up in the net.
- Better pace from Montreal now.
- 4-on-4 hockey.
- Kucherov, 4-1. I’m going to bed.
- Sergachev vs Gallagher, Coleman gets the penalty. #Confusion
- Kotkaniemi to the box, clearly frustrated by a hit that should have been called in the first place the Finn lashes out behind the play, and gets called.
- Edmundson gets called for a left hook. 5-on-3.
- Stamkos, on the power play. 5-1. /
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Hope the hockey helps you all stay cool out West
2) It takes a lot of pew-pews to get Chiarot to score for his own team
1) Need to make sure to give them a lot less in Game 2