Canadiens @ Kings Top Six Minutes: Lazy effort in La La Land
Montreal scored first, but had no pushbak as Los Angeles attacked in waves.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- A decent start from the team, but the game hasn’t really set itself yet.
- Sami Niku with some moves, but he loses the puck, but got back to help out.
- Toffoli with a steal, and almost gets the wraparound.
- Nick Suzuki with a solo raid that deserved a better end.
- Power play - Montreal! That resulted in nothing.
- JOSH ANDERSON, on a great feed from Dvorak on a two-on-one. 1-0 good guys!
- Good finish and Montreal takes a lead with them into the first intermission. /
- Anderson with a shot that almost got in.
- Caufield gets his first big chance of the period.
- Arvidsson equalises after a bit of a broken play.
- Chaos near Allen, but the puck stays out.
- Anderson to the sin-bin...
- ... and 2-1 LA, from a great Kaliyev shot.
- Another penalty for Montreal...
- ... but Kempe takes penalty too. 4-on-4 hockey.
- Ben Chiarot with some sweet moves, but no goal. /
- Dvorak to the box.
- Kupari with a power play goal, 3-1 bad guys.
- Kings adds another, Iafallo grabs a rebound.
- Montreal goes back to the penalty kill. Lehkonen to the box.
- Montreal manages to hold on.
- Allen saves Montreal from a fifth goal in the back.
- Another boxplay coming up...
- Ben Chiarot scores to make the numbers look a bit better./
- It never rains in Southern California - it pours... /
EOTP 3 Stars
3) There’s really no reason to keep him around for this
2) The best-positioned defender of the entire game
1) The life of a fan