Canadiens @ Flames Top Six Minutes: He's Back
Carey Price is back, and Lady Luck came with him.
For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Apparently the Flames are undefeated while wearing their retro jerseys. They're wearing them tonight. I'm not concerned, you're concerned.
- I can never decide if Movember is the best month or the worst month...like, obviously the cause is a good one. I'm just undecided on the facial hair on a lot of these guys.
- Not gonna lie, these Flames jerseys look really good in action.
- What a nice rush from Tatar.
- TUNA TIME.
- There are a LOT of Habs fans in Calgary.
- Petry doesn't just have dishes, he has wings on his skates.
- Oh no...not the power play...
- Price is awake. Not sure if the rest of the power play is...
- The bad news is that that power play was lousy and the best look went to Calgary. The good news is that they didn't give up a shorty.
- Oh man Tatar to Gallagher was almost gorgeous./
- Sean, you're supposed to put the puck in the net, not yourself. (But I'd much rather you put yourself in the net than put the puck in the net...)
- Xavier was that necessary?
- TKACHUK WAS THAT NECESSARY?
- Well. Carey looks good. I don't know about the rest of them right now...
- I have a bad feeling about this...
- 6-0 shots for Calgary in the second? Oh dear...
- Why do the hockey gods hate my sweet prince Artturi.
- Thank you Price.
- “Nic Deslauriers in a footrace” <—not a phrase one expects to hear.
- So um. Carey Price is bailing the team out in this period...
- This is fine. Everything is fine.
- Price is just making save after save and there's nothing going on in front of him.
- Aaaaaaand now Tkachuk scores again. Ew.
- Everything about this was awful, except for Carey./
Nic Deslauriers has more ice time than Jesperi Kotkaniemi tonight.— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) November 16, 2018
That is not ideal.
- OH MY GOD WHY./
- Can I turn off the game and go to bed? No? What a shame.
- Well, this looks better!
- This looks less better...
- This is FINE. Everything is FINE.
- JODRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!! (Also Juulsen hearteyes)
- You can easily hear the “Go Habs Go” chant. So good.
- Well, that was a very pretty two-on-one. Shaw and Domi nearly made it 3-2.
- OH MY GOD PRINCE ARTTURI. I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT WENT IN.
- Geez. If ANYONE deserved that kind of a bounce, it was Lehk.
- Apparently all the good luck that Lehk was being denied was being saved up for that.
- Thank you Carey, once again.
- Shots are 44-22. This is Fine. Everything is fine.
- The empty net might be a better goalie than Mike Smith.
- One minute left.
- I'm gonna die.
- Keep praising Noah Juulsen. It is oxygen for me, which I need. Because I'm not gonna be able to breathe for the rest of this game.
- Shots are 45-22...
- Carey Price. Nuf said.
- Oh Lehk. He was INCHES from the ENG.
- OH MY GOD THE HABS WON. THEY ACTUALLY WON.
- It's like Price's return to rarefied heights caused the heavens to smile on the Habs.
- I'm very glad I didn't turn the game off and go to bed. Also Flames? No longer undefeated in the retro jerseys.
- 3-2 Montreal. /
Highlight of the night
EOTP 3 Stars
3) That opening goal is worth a strut
2) They don’t ask how...
1) Those are his two points for sure