Canadiens vs. Blackhawks Top Six Minutes: How many penalties is too many?
The Habs manage to leave Chicago with two points despite spending most of the night in the penalty box.
- Okay, Habs, I just did the Jets recap so I expect just as many goals and as much excitement tonight from you
- Happy birthday Jeff Petry, score a goal for every year you have been on this earth
- Tomas Tatar called for ‘hooking’ and I see it’s going to be one of those nights. Again.
- DOMI - more of that, please
- WEBER - what a bomb. Habs up 2-0
- Carey Price is looking solid again tonight
- Delay of game penalty aka the dumbest penalty in the history of penalties. Weber sits for 2
- Bad guys score on the power play. It’s extra bad because it’s Kane and he’s the worst.
- Bit of a scuffle at the end of the first but the Habs are up 2-1/
Shea Weber with a mountain of a shot, they had to really slow that one down so we could see it. 2-0 to the Canadiens. pic.twitter.com/U21B1YkDVd— Patrik Bexell (@Zeb_Habs) December 9, 2018
- Paul Byron with a big hit...what a weird night
- That was robbery! Gallagher to Tatar in front and it goes off the post
- Reason number 2149753 why I love Jesperi Kotkaniemi: he is not afraid to shoot the puck
- Deslauriers with a clean hit on Toews that the Hawks don’t like because they’re essentially full-grown infants
- Deslauriers immediately takes a puck to the head from the following faceoff and yeah, that might leave a mark
- Paul Byron faster than the speed of light
- Every stoppage in play has me thinking that the Hawks actually have the worst dj in the league
- Daily reminder that Artturi Lehkonen is an actual angel
- No Byron on the bench. Ruh-roh.
- Why is Patrick Kane still a thing. He nets his second of the game and we are tied
- Announcers also mentioning no Byron. It has been nearly 15 minutes since they have seen him and excuse me while I grab this paper bag and hyperventilate
- Byron is back. Forget that whole overreacting thing
- Three Hawks go after Deslauriers and Hayden is the only one that gets called so suck on that, Chicago
- Wow our PP is useless huh
- Tied at 2 after 40/
Gallagher to Tatar who hits the post. pic.twitter.com/Pe0PG1wqoM— Patrik Bexell (@Zeb_Habs) December 10, 2018
- Another penalty for Tatar - that’s three on the game for him
- Benn gets called for hi-sticking and sits for four and frankly, I think that’s better than him playing for four so...
- Price stands tall and the Habs kill off the penalty
- Shaw gets knocked into the Hawks’ bench and I am sure says his share of pleasantries to his old teammates
- Habs get a 55 second two-man advantage following a pair of penalties and cannot capitalize not that anyone is surprised
- Lehkonen gets called for tripping which is ridiculous because he can do no wrong
- And now it’s Gallagher’s turn to sit - Do the Habs just prefer to play shorthanded: my column
- Petry throws one to the net and Tatar redirects the shot and amazingly, the Habs squeak by with the win/
Highlight of the Night
Redemption for the man called Tuna
Tomas Tatar redirects Jeff Petry's shot and the Habs have a late 3-2 lead. pic.twitter.com/EUH3Fwyirp— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) December 10, 2018
EOTP 3 Stars
3) It’s nice to be first in something
2) Even the slo-mo made it difficult to see
1) He’ll sleep a bit better tonight