Canadiens at Jets - Top Six Minutes - Habs end road trip on a high note
Carey Price was brilliant once again while recording his first shutout of the 2013-14 season, and bringing the Habs' Western Canada road trip to 3-1-0.
- How about that Carey Price guy? He's pretty good I think. His 35 stops tonight brings his save percentage this season up to .944, remember when you were panicking about him?
- The injury to Max Pacioretty takes a bit of shine off the game, but it's Max so I'm sure he'll be back quickly.
- Seriously though, Price was amazing. Possibly even better than he was against Vancouver.
- David Desharnais had a very good game for the second straight time, breaking the goose egg by finally getting a point.
- Danny Briere also got on the scoresheet, setting up the game winner by Brandon Prust and scoring an empty net goal to seal the deal, but a bad penalty in the third period while the Jets were humming could have been disastrous. Your offensive game looks okay, Daniel, but enough with the dumb penalties.
- Also 2/3 points coming on empty netters doesn't look so hot, but we'll take them.
- Josh Gorges and Raphael Diaz seem to be rounding into form as a pairing. Last year they struggled to hold possession but kept scoring chances relatively even, this year they're outpossessing opponents and outscoring them too.
- This allows the Habs to load up the top pairing with P.K. Subban and Andrei Markov, which has looked fantastic so far.
- Subban stopped two 2-on-1 breaks by the Jets tonight without allowing even a shot attempt. The man is superhuman.
- Speaking of superhuman, while most of the forwards were scrambling around and struggling to clear the zone in the third period, Prust had possibly the best period of his season. Whether it was deftly blocking shots, or intercepting passes and clearing the zone, Prust was absolutely on tonight.
- The kid line of Alex Galchenyuk, Lars Eller, and Brendan Gallagher was reunited after Pacioretty went down, and although they created chances, the completion wasn't there tonight. That chemistry they've developed is insane though.
- No three stars tonight because I have to do the full recap as well and I plan on sleeping at some point.
More from Eyes On The Prize:
- Canadiens at Jets - Third Period Thread
- Canadiens vs Jets - Second Period Thread
- Max Pacioretty injured, helped off the ice
- Avant match: Canadiens vs Jets
- Canadiens at Jets - Game Preview/