Canadiens at Jets - Top Six Minutes - Are the real Habs back?
It didn't look so good after one period, but the Canadiens didn't give up like they have been.
- Home ice in the playoffs is clinched for at least round 1.
- I swear I'm not lying about this, but after watching the final home game of the regular season with my friend, as we walked out I predicted that we would lose to the Devils but it would be close, and then we'd beat the Jets to clinch home ice. Ask him if you don't believe me: @crosseyed_mofo.
- During this losing streak, Max Pacioretty has quietly got his game back together. 10 shot attempts tonight for Max, and likely a goal once the play is reviewed. (update: Pacioretty's goal now)
- Stick tap to alex_icon: P.K. Subban ties his career high for points in a season with 38. 76's 82 game points pace? 76.
- The emergence of Lars Eller has been quite amazing to behold. Underrated part of Eller's game: He's a beautiful skater.
- Jarred Tinordi grabbed the second assist of his career tonight on Brendan Gallagher's goal.
- Average height of the Canadiens' goal scorers tonight: 5'9".
- With 4th place guaranteed, this is just the second time the Montreal Canadiens will have home ice advantage in the first round since 1991-92. Seriously.
- Carey Price put up just his second "quality start" (.920 or greater save percentage) in his last 7 starts. Both were wins.
- Francis Bouillon is still terrible.
- Lots of people on the twitters were ragging on David Desharnais tonight. I rag on him all the time, but tonight isn't one of those times. He was engaged from puck drop and even without his goal, he was very solid.
- How good was Subban on Desharnais' goal? Breaks his stick, goes to the bench to get another one and gets back just in time to keep the puck in, clears the broken stick away, creates the goal with a well placed shot that Desharnais converts.
- This Saturday's game against Toronto went from all-important to maybe a tone setter. The teams are very likely to meet in the first round. Do you sit your stars since Toronto's known to goon it up, or do you go all out and set the tone for the possible series? Tough call.
EOTP Three Stars:
- Chris. talking about Subban's amazing broken stick play: "If Subban was Captain, he'd be Captain Tightpants. Because of what he does to his adoring fans. Yeah."
- Scott Matla: "Good on Kane for not trying to assault any of our players with a helmet tonight!"
- Courtnall. Not for a comment, though he has many good ones most nights, but for selling his soul to get the real Habs back.