Canadiens at Flyers - Top Six Minutes - Habs let one slip away
The Canadiens fought their way to two separate one goal leads, and blew them both in annoying fashion.
- Tonight, Michel Therrien got caught over-thinking.
- With Tomas Plekanec out for the game early with a lower body injury, and with a 1 goal lead, Therrien tried to roll his lines and hope Carey Price would bail them out and he could look towards tomorrow's game against Winnipeg.
- Price did hold the fort. He played fantastic in fact, but 4 different deflections in front of the net gave the Flyers 4 goals over the Canadiens' 3.
- When you sit back and allow a team to take shots with impunity instead of pushing the play, you open yourself up to bad luck plays like a puck going of Subban's skate and in, off Simmond's skate and in, and off Bouillon's skate and in.
- Speaking of Francis Bouillon, he was outplayed by Tinordi, he was outplayed by Beaulieu, and tonight he was outplayed by Drewiske. Why in the fuck is this guy signed for another year? If he's not used as a 7th defenseman, it's the worst move Bergevin has made as GM.
- Davis Drewiske in his first game as a Hab basically went with the flow of the game. Positive possession in the first, negative by the end. He made a couple nice plays and nice reads overall.
- Worst puck luck of the night award goes to Lars Eller, who played very well in the absence of Plekanec, had even possession in tough minutes, and went -4. He also lead the team in shots with 3, tied with Brandon Prust.
- Max Pacioretty had 7 shot attempts, 2 were blocked and 5 missed. More bad puck luck. Wanna bet one of those misses is a goal on most nights?
- Wayne Simmonds is an incredible hockey player. He is the player that everyone in the NHL thinks Milan Lucic is.
- Watching him play tonight, I totally understand why the Flyers have stuck Sean Couturier on the 4th line and cut his ice time for most of the year.
- That was sarcasm.
- No three stars tonight because I've written way too much today and you'll all have to deal.
- Sometimes teams lose, even good ones. Calm down. You too, Laura.