Bulldogs lose home opener to Marlies
The Hamilton Bulldogs couldn't hold a pair of two-goal leads, and lost their home opener 5-3 to their provincial rival Toronto Marlies on Saturday.
After posting a two goal-lead in the second period, the Marlies began clawing back, eventually scoring four unanswered goals, including an empty net goal, to insure the win.
James Reimer had 33 saves for the Marlies, and robbed the Bulldogs David Desharnais point blank, late in the game, with the Hamilton goalie pulled.
Ben Maxwell had two goals, and Yannick Weber had a goal and an assist for the Dogs in a losing cause.
The Bulldogs' record drops to 1-1-0 on the season. Their next game is Tuesday, when they host the Rochester Americans.
1. HAM - Ben Maxwell - 2 (Yannick Weber, David Desharnais) - 13:22 (PP)
2. HAM - Yannick Weber - 1 (Max Pacioretty) - 7:08
3. TOR - Ryan Hamilton - 1 (Christian Hanson, Jeff Finger) - 10:19
4. HAM - Ben Maxwell - 3 9Ryan White, Max Pacioretty) - 14:38
5. TOR - Nazem Kadri - 1 (Juraj Mikus, Jerry D'Amigo) - 19:39
6. TOR - Brayden Irwin - 1 (Matt Lashoff, Greg Scott) - 1:59
7. TOR - Darryl Boyce - 1 (Keith Aulie, Dale Mitchell) - 16:34
8. TOR - Luca Caputi - 1 ( Christain Hanson) - 19:45 (EN)
Toronto: James Reimer (36 shots, 33 saves)
Hamilton: Robert Mayer (32 shots, 28 saves)