A Bitter Bandwagoner Habs Fan’s TSM: This is War
The famed Western Conference physicality was very much in evidence as Nashville takes game one
The Habs are gone, so that means the Bitter Bandwagoner Habs fan has returned. That means I’ll be writing TSMs for whichever games I happen to watch. Tonight’s match up is Ducks vs Predators.
Oh God I’ve missed P.K. Subban.
- All of the Ryans. All of them.
- So many whistles in the first two minutes.
- SILF STRIKES FIRST!!! #DucksFlyTogether/
Silfverberg opens the scoring. 1-0 Ducks pic.twitter.com/DPhjyNx1Ao— Marc Dumont (@MarcPDumont) May 13, 2017
- Ouch. That looks like it hurt. Well, Ellis seems fine, so maybe not.
- Oh dear...Nashville is absolutely controlling the puck...
- Or oh good, depending on who you’re rooting for.
- Shots are 11-1 for Nashville, but Anaheim leads 1-0! WHEEEEEEEE!!!!
- All of the turnovers. You might want to stop that, Anaheim, it’s gonna.../
Forsberg tips home the Irwin shot. Tie game. pic.twitter.com/cF0W9hX7zd— Marc Dumont (@MarcPDumont) May 13, 2017
- ...bite you. sigh
- Just about four minutes left in the period, and that may just been the first really sustained pressure the Ducks have had all night.
- This series is going to get nasty before its over.
- Yeeahhh, Anaheim’s gonna get eaten alive./
- Well, boo. Oh dear. Off an Anaheim skate.
- Oh geez. Shots are 20-10 right now for Nashville...
- Dang this series is way more physical and intense than any of the other series so far.
- Every chance in front of a net turns into a scrum. Talk about playoff intensity.
- OH MY RINNE.
- Boll goes BOOM./
Bolling over #Preds! #LetsGoDucks pic.twitter.com/d5avkzuL1S— Anaheim Ducks (@AnaheimDucks) May 13, 2017
- Anaheim definitely evening things up a bit here, play wise. A very little bit.
- Wow!!! Gibby!!!! He’s looked much better as the game has progressed.
- Hahahahahahahha. Shots are 32-17 Preds. This is a bit not good./
- So...this series might already BE nasty.
- All of the hits. All of the blocked shots. ALL of the slashing and hacking, and nastiness. Totally different character from the Pens/Caps game, or Habs/Rangers, etc.
- Anaheim really needs to capitalize on this power play...
- HAMPUS. TIE GAME./
Hampus Lindholm ties the game. pic.twitter.com/u6ojKfpl2D— Marc Dumont (@MarcPDumont) May 13, 2017
- Oh Getzy...why this.
- WHAT a shot by Ekholm, but Gibby makes the stop.
- Oh geez. KILL the puck over the glass penalty. Kill it with fire.
- I’ve missed watching P.K. wind up like that on the point on the power play. Pretty stellar kill by Anaheim though.
- GIBBY. the crowd is on their feet in appreciation./
Wow, @JohnGibson35. Just...wow. #LetsGoDucks pic.twitter.com/kZOsRi2KWa— Anaheim Ducks (@AnaheimDucks) May 13, 2017
- By the by, there may be some empty seats still, but the Honda Center is ROCKING.
- Big power play opportunity for Anaheim...
- ...which comes to nothing.
- Josi is so good though. Wow.
- Anaheim with a determined effort in the dying seconds of regulation, but Rinne somehow keeps the puck out!!
- To OT we go!!/
- As everyone is pointing out, Anaheim played game 7 less than 48 hours ago. The faster they end this, the better.
- The Ducks are certainly playing with urgency in the early going.
- But Nashville answers right back.
- Ouch Montour got hit HARD.
- The pace has definitely settled down a touch.
- SUBBAN TO NEAL. /
Subban feeds Neal for Nashville’s game-winner in Game 1 pic.twitter.com/zdAz2zX6Pn— Pete Blackburn (@PeteBlackburn) May 13, 2017
- PREDS WIN 3-2 IN OT!!/