Eyes On The Prize will be defunded on March 31, 2023, one month later than the initial announcement date. This extension gives us the opportunity to transition the site and community — with our current domain name and full article archive — to a new platform.
We have set up a new GoFundMe campaign to help with the initial setup costs of the new version of EOTP, joining the Patreon account for monthly donations we had previously launched. A big thank you to everyone who has already signed on to support this endeavour!
Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Lane Hutson led Boston University to a Hockey East championship, first with a tying goal on a one-timer, and then this [GoTerriers.com]:
LANE HUTSON WITH THE OT WINNER— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) March 19, 2023
BOSTON WINS THE HOCKEY EAST TITLE pic.twitter.com/QtJ9rgEwRJ
- Vincent Lecavalier’s role with the team initially involved evaluating NHL players on video. As his tenure has gone on, he’s increasing;y become involved in evaluating draft prospects. [La Presse]
- Josh Anderson’s game has grown under Martin St- Louis. [Montreal Gazette]
- Samuel Montembeault is taking over the number-one role. [The Hockey Writers]
Around the league and elsewhere
- The top bid for the Ottawa Senators is reportedly above $900 million. [32 Thoughts]
- The Columbus Blue Jackets are the first team to be mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. [NHL.com]
- Canadian defenceman Sophie Jacques is this season’s winner of the Patty Kazmaier Award as the NCAA top female hockey player. [NHL.com]
- Connor McDavid stands out from the rest of the field with more than his goal and point totals. [Sportsnet]
- Connor Bedard netted the eighth hat trick of his draft season. [Sportsnet]