Eyes On The Prize will be defunded on March 31, 2023, one month later than the initial announcement date. This extension gives us the opportunity to transition the site and community — with our current domain name and full article archive — to a new platform.
We have set up a new GoFundMe campaign to help with the initial setup costs of the new version of EOTP, joining the Patreon account for monthly donations we had previously launched. A big thank you to everyone who has already signed on to support this endeavour!
Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- Instead of holding onto what Jonathan Drouin could have become, it’s time to realize what he has to offer now. [RDS]
- With six straight losses, some could be becoming impatient with the Canadiens but as long as they’re not a string of stupid losses, Martin St-Louis and team are not getting discouraged. [RDS]
- But Habs fans can only be on board with a rebuild for so long. [Montreal Gazette]
- A quiet NHL Trade Deadline doesn’t mean the offseason will be the same way. [The Hockey Writers]
Around the League and Elsewhere
- All eyes were on Connor McDavid and Auston Matthews during Saturday’s Toronto Maple Leafs vs Edmonton Oilers matchup but it was John Tavares who got slapped with a fine for slashing. [Sportsnet]
- Three teams participated in the Alberta Blind Hockey Challenge on Saturday night. [Red Deer Advocate]
- Interim Philadelphia Flyers GM Danny Briere isn’t afraid to say the ‘R’ word. [Sportsnet]
- Jonathan Huberdeau heads back to left wing as the Calgary Flames continue their fight for a playoff spot. [TSN]
- Why the trade deadline buyers have been struggling while the sellers are creating upsets. [Toronto Star]
- NHL referee Marc Joannette shares his memories of reffing 1,507 regular-season games. [NHL]