Eyes On The Prize will be defunded on February 28, 2023. We have set up a Patreon account seeking financial support as we explore options for a new platform for our content and community. A big thank you to everyone who has already signed on to support that endeavour!
Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- The Canadiens continue to build their style of play and since returning from their 10-day break they appear to be on the same page. [Sportsnet]
- Arber Xhekaj didn’t return to finish the game against the Oilers when he left the ice favouring his shoulder after dropping the gloves. [EOTP]
- Alex Belzile’s perseverance paid off after finally notching his first NHL goal when he opened the scoring against the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday.
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Ottawa Senators goaltender Anton Forsberg is out indefinitely after tearing the MCL in both of his knees. [TSN]
- Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby managed another first in his 18-year NHL career — getting slapped with a game misconduct. [CBC]
- Will the NHL All-Star break affect decisions made during the trade deadline? [Toronto Sun]
- Player injury issues that are currently affecting the trade-deadline landscape. [The Hockey News]
- Edmonton Oilers’ prospect, along with four other Moose Jaw Warriors players, has been suspended indefinitely while they await an investigation for potential violations of team rules and WHL Standard of Conduct policies [CBC]