For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Finally back on home soil. That’s got to bring some kind of good luck. Right?
- St-Louis said the team’s confidence is pretty low right now. That doesn’t really fill me with... confidence.
- Armia is back in the lineup after being benched. Did you learn how to score while you watched from the box, Joel? That was the plan.
- Pretty decent start. We’re three minutes in and Allen seems to have broken his first-goal-in-first-minute routine.
- Anyone else still holding a grudge against Kreider? Just me then?
- I’m 14 minutes into the period is a good time to get a shot on goal. But that’s just me.
- Evans takes a shot off the foot, lands a body check, and kicks the puck as he lands on the ice. That’s the most exciting series of events this period.
- Three minutes left and Dadonov gets the first shot on goal for the Habs.
- Halak is startled when Armia almost gets past him with a backhand. Can’t blame him there.
- No score and a fast period. I’ll take it.
- Alright, we had 10 shots on goal total last period. Let’s up the ante and maybe even get a goal or two. Habs specific. Rangers, you can sit this on out.
- Big cheers at the Bell Centre! Because Team Canada is up 2-0.
- **Breaking news: Nick Suzuki... will represent the Habs at the All-Star Game.
- Now, if he could just represent the Habs tonight that would be great.
- The first penalty of the game gets handed to the Rangers for too many men.
- Kreider makes it 1-0 with a short-handed goal. Still holding that grudge.
- Prior to that, the Habs were the only team to not have been scored on with a shorty. Dude.
- Anderson has been making his presence known this period. Maybe we’ll be treated to an Anderson goal. That’s not too much to ask, is it?
- Drouin gets one off the post. We’re getting closer.
- But the Rangers are closer with Schneider making it 2-0.
- Less than a minute later and the Rangers get another one.
- How’s Team Canada making out? Still up 2-0. Well, that’s nice.
- Dach almost manages to poke the puck past Halak.
- The Habs look like they’re trying but it’s hard to tell.
- Richard does the splits at the blue line to not go offside. I’d be surprised if that didn’t result in a lower-body injury.
- You have 13 shots on goal. Shoot the puck. Just shoot it. Shoot even when you think you don’t have a shot. Let’s go crazy.
- Kreider goes in and tries for another short-handed goal but is denied this time.
- Xhekaj heads to the box for slashing. Considering St-Louis said they “can’t kill a penalty to save their life” I don't have the warm and fuzzies about this.
- Anderson almost gets a shorty. There are six minutes left to ruin Halak’s shutout. Let’s do it, Josh.
- Armia notches his first of the season and the Bell Centre goes wild!
- ... because Team Canada just won Gold.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) You need to be specific when asking rookies to help out offensively
2) It even works on Joel Armia!
1) We just need some patience with him