Eyes On The Prize will be defunded on February 28, 2023. We have set up a Patreon account seeking financial support as we explore options for a new platform for our content and community. A big thank you to everyone who has already signed on to support that endeavour!
Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Entering the league as a rookie following the 2012-13 lockout, Brendan Gallagher has now spent 10 seasons in the NHL. He discusses that decade with the Canadiens:
- The abrupt end to Cole Caufield’s quest for 50 goals reminded Félix Seguin of Saku Koivu’s injury in 1996-97 when was third in league scoring. [TVA Sports]
- The players reacted to news of Caufield’s surgery on Saturday. Nick Suzuki knows it’s the best move for the team’s long-term success. [RDS]
- How much patience will Habs fans have for a rebuild? [Kyper & Bourne (Video)]
- Riley Kidney is on a roll in Gatineau, with another four points yesterday:
Around the league and elsewhere
- There was a special ceremonial puck drop on Saturday as Ryan Miller’s Buffalo Sabres jersey retirement celebration extended into the weekend:
- Darryl Sutter’s comments on the long-anticipated NHL debut for Jakob Pelletier rubbed some people the wrong way. [Sportsnet]
- Rick Tocchet is expected to be named the head coach of the Vancouver Canucks on Monday. [Sportsnet]
- This is how the Bruce Boudreau saga came to an end in Vancouver last night:
Surreal: Boudreau saying Rick Tocchet's replacing him.— Patrick Johnston (@risingaction) January 22, 2023
Sticking up for his players' heart. Telling us the quality of his staff, a group he didn't know a year ago.
Saying he didn't know why it took so long to fire him but noting the change in schedule quality.
Thanking the fans