Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- Who is more indispensable to the Habs — Nick Suzuki or Jeff Petry? [TSN]
- As Marc Bergevin heads into the final year of his contract, his future is uncertain. [Montreal Gazette]
- Four cool things to know about Christian Dvorak. [The Hockey Writers]
- Mistakes that Bergevin can learn from with Jesperi Kotkaniemi. [Montreal Gazette]
- Any fan over the age of 12 will be required to be double vaccinated if they’re hoping to attend a game at the Bell Centre this season. [Sportsnet]
- A little thank you to Jake Allen for his donation to the St. Stephen Minor Hockey Association in New Brunswick.
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Straight shooter Brian Burke talks Pittsburgh Penguins, the fuss over offer sheets, early favourites for the Olympics, and why he doesn’t golf. [Sportsnet]
- Penguins captain Sidney Crosby is expected to be out for six weeks after having wrist surgery. [NHL]
- JT Brown pledged his brain to the Concussion Legacy Foundation in hopes that more information can be discovered about concussions and brain injuries. [TSN]
- The top ice hockey official in Belarus was banned for five years for politically motivated threats against players. [CTV News]
- Blake Wheeler and his wife remind us that we should be looking out for each other.