For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- It’s preseason! You know what that means don’t you?
- We’re one step closer to the real season!
- Welcome back, Drouin! He’s gonna have a season. #Prediction
- Anderson goes for it right out of the gate! Didn’t light the lamp but oh how I’ve missed you, Josh.
- Off to the power play we go. Time for a little Caufield action... oh, right.
- A cross-checking penalty has the coaches scrambling for the rule book. Off you go Rielly. Read up on the new rules while you take a seat.
- Anderson with a power-play goal to open the scoring! Did I mention how much I’ve missed him?
- Kampf, learn to control your stick dude! Anderson has too pretty of a head to be hit with a wayward stick. Off to the box with you.
- Dvorak makes it 2-0 thanks to a beautiful power play that sees all five Habs touch the puck.
- Drouin heads off to intermission snacking on the two apples he picked up on those power-play goals. #GonnaHaveASeason
- In case you missed it, we’re heading into this period facing a four-minute penalty kill. Why you may ask? Because Evans got called for boarding and roughing and Richie is a tool who picks fights in pre-season.
- Chiarot gets thrown in the box for defending himself in a fight he didn't even want any part of. Clearly, it was the first time Richie saw Chiarot up close and got a little insecure.
- Kaiden Guhle has some spunk. Blocking shots, throwing the body.
- Watching Leafs players literally trip over themselves has started my week off right.
- Pezzetta taps it in to make it 3-0!
- Allen calls it a night with a shutout. Soooo, let’s see what this Poulin chap is all about.
- Hmmm...not a great start as Brooks finally gets the Leafs on the board.
- Oh, you may just get that one back, Poulin. Offside challenge!
- This isn’t the Stanley Cup Final, refs. Make a call.
- Brooks denied! Slate wiped clean for, Poulin!
- Ouch, but not for long.
- Anderson with another PPG thanks to a slick wrister.
- This is gonna be a long period for Poulin after allowing the Leafs to cut the lead in half.
- Looks like Poulin might just be settling in after stopping a rebound.
- Anderson going for the hatty. Cup finals, regular season, preseason, it makes no difference to this guy.
- Guhle is having himself a game. Most ice time of any defenceman with 20:13.
- Pezzetta so close to notching his second of the night.
- Anderson goes for the hatty once again but Mrazek gets all fancy with his glove and shuts him down.
- Leafs go for the empty net with three minutes left.
- Pezzetta takes advantage of the empty net to make it 5-2!