Warning: At the time of the transition to a new commenting platform at 3:00 PM EDT today, comments on the current platform will be temporarily removed. Any conversations on today’s articles will be lost at that time.
Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- Carey Price continues to work on his recovery from knee surgery he underwent in July but has yet to start skating. [Montreal Gazette]
- On Wednesday, the Canadiens organization launched a Respect and Consent Action Plan that aims to raise awareness of the serious consequences of sexual cyberviolence. [TSN]
- The Habs need to bring a great power play this season. [TSN 690]
- Five Laval Rocket players who could end up on the Canadiens’ roster this season. [The Hockey Writers]
- What Ryan Poehling can do in the NHL this season, and it’s time for Josh Brook to take a step. [TSN 690]
- As rookie camp opens, taking a look at what’s expected from the up and comers. [TSN 690]
- Somebody needs to tell these guys they’re not rookies anymore.
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Are the Toronto Maple Leafs going to be good this season? [Sportsnet]
- What started as a plain old European preseason game ended with it being called off after just 39 minutes due to an unrelenting amount of unsportsmanlike violence. [Yahoo Sports]
- Two-time Stanley Cup champion Fred Stanfield died on Wednesday at the age of 77. [Toronto Star]
- The Edmonton Oilers have signed 32-year-old forward Colton Sceviour to a PTO. [TSN]