Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- “They just killed us in the Final.” Alexander Romanov talks about his first season as a Hab. [Sports.ru (Google Translate)]
- Mattias Norlinder opens preseason action with a pair of goals.
#Habs Mattias Norlinder moves smoothly from the blue line into the slot and releases a bomb to the upper corner of the net.— Patrik Bexell (@Zeb_Habs) August 10, 2021
First goal of the season for Norlinder and Frölunda. pic.twitter.com/QeAiilwmrI
- ICYMI: Patrik Bexell has the latest on the Swedish defender’s progress and goals for this year. [The Dispatch (Podcast)]
- Go behind the scenes with three of the Habs offseason acquisitions as they get their first tour of the facilities.
Around the league and elsewhere
- Tony Esposito has passed away after a battle with pancreatic cancer. [Sportsnet]
- The ten best contracts in the NHL. [The Athletic]
- The Toronto Maple Leafs will not be hiring Dusty Imoo as goaltending coach for the Toronto Marlies, citing a failure to “thoroughly following [their] organizational protocols”. [TSN]
- The fact that a concrete agreement to go to the 2022 Winter Olympics has still not be established has some NHL teams upset. [ESPN]
- Could one of these 10 RFAs be subject to an offer sheet? [Sportsnet]
- The Anaheim Ducks have re-signed a trio of youngsters, including Maxime Comtois. [ESPN]
- The Minnesota Wild are still negotiating with Kevin Fiala despite a pending arbitration hearing. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Other SB Nation blogs have begun the annual Top 25 Under 25 exercise. [Hockey Wilderness - Recent Graduates | Mile High Hockey #21 - Dennis Gilbert | Pensburgh #24 - Jan Drozg | The Cannon - #25 Calvin Thurkauf]
- The Hockey Diversity Alliance welcomes three new members.