For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Well, here we are. Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals.
- Trying to prevent Tampa from bringing out their brooms.
- I’m still dreaming of an epic comeback and kicking Tampa‘s keister. Hard.
- For those of you who’ve read my TSM before you’ll remember — I. Hate. Tampa.
- Chiarot, don’t screen your goalie and don’t play the puck with your skate. Just get out of the way. Please, my nerves are already shot.
- Staal gets away with a very blatant, dare I say, mini headlock on Johnson as he goes to the net. That’s promising and also terrifying on what else won’t be called later.
- So, we’re eight minutes in and the Habs have yet to register a shot on goal. Tampa, however, has pretty much registered one shot a minute.
- Second shot on net and Anderson swoops in to open the scoring after a pretty, pretty, pretty pass by Suzuki!
- Habs almost score immediately after but the whistle is blown and a pileup ensues. Vasilevskiy punches Perry in the face for good measure and re-opens his just-starting-to-heal nose. Have I ever mentioned that I hate Tampa?
- Evans takes a penalty for getting punched in the face three times.
- What’s the deal with the face-punching, Tampa? What are you, schoolyard bullies?
- Habs end the period 1-0 with just five shots on goal. This feels promising.
- The first period ended with a lot of shoving, yelling and dirty looks after the whistle. I feel this may be a rough period. They make casts for noses, right? #AskingForPerry
- Kulak, where have you been hiding this whole time?
- Point just whacks Lehkonen in the side of the head with his stick. Thankfully the refs didn’t stand for that foolishness.
- Wow, the Habs spent the majority of the power play making Vasilevskiy break a sweat. And an almost Anderson PP goal.
- Weber smashes Point into the boards with such a perfect check that Point looks like rubber. It was awesome.
- Perry heads to the box for hitching a ride by grabbing onto Johnson’s jersey.
- Weber and Romanov are taking no prisoners, zeroing in on everyone in blue and white. I love it.
- What I don’t love is Tampa getting another chance at the power play thanks to Armia.
- Anderson drives to the net and is soooo close to making it 2-0. You know, until he gets pushed and there’s no call.
- Anyone else see Anderson in slo-mo when drops his shoulder when driving towards the net? Just me then?
- Leave it to Tampa to ruin any kind of fun. We’re tied at one.
- This is it. Here we go.
- We can start this epic comeback any time now, fellas. I’m ready when you are.
- Six players head to their respective sin bins after a big old scrum. Petry, Anderson and Chiarot for Goodrow, Coleman and Gourde. That’s not a great exchange.
- Romanov with a snipe to notch his first NHL Stanley Cup Final playoff goal to make it 2-0!! What makes it even better? He looks a tad surprised at the goal.
- And once again, Tampa the joy-suckers tie it up. I hate Tampa.
- Kucherov with a tip off the post. Off the post doesn’t count Kuchy.
- One minute left and Weber heads to the box for four thanks to a high stick.
- Off to OT we go.
- It’s been back and forth with the goals. So, technically, it’s our turn. It’s only fair.
- Here goes nothing. No matter the result, it’s been a fun, wild ride!
- But let’s win just to make it funner.
- Suzuki almost ends it with a shorty.
- Let’s move this party to Tampa!
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Three more like that (maybe not quite so nerve-wracking)
2) That only protects your team from trouble in the regular season
1) You have to at this point