The first Stanley Cup Final game in Montreal since 1993. And the first ever at the Bell Centre. Should be an entertaining night.
- That’s a very large 3.500-fan crowd. It’s loud in the building to start.
- And now pretty quiet as the Lightning get on the board first. It’s another goal from the defence.
- Things go from bad to more bad as Eric Staal flips the puck out to put the Lightning’s power play on the ice.
- And now it’s worse as Victor Hedman beats Carey Price to make it 2-0
- Dominique Ducharme uses his timeout, so there will be no challenged from him tonight, except the one he just gave his team.
- Another close call, but Price is able to clear it away.
- Montreal is starting to play much better.
- Cole Caufield gets enough space to get off a shot, but it’s a loud ping off the post. That would have been a good one.
- Phillip Danault gets a bit of open space, hits the same post, but this one is half an inch more inside, and we have a 2-1 game. Great shot from a player who doesn’t do that often.
- A late power play as Mikhail Sergachev tackles Artturi Lehkonen on his way to the net.
- And here’s Cole Caufield this time looking for a tying goal
- Well they didn’t do much of anything with that. So off to the intermissions they go with the Canadiens back in the game after a near-disastrous start.
- It’s a 2-on-0 for the Lightning, and quickly it’s a two-goal game once more. Can’t do that versus this team
- Or 2-on-1s. 4-1
- Not exactly the start you’d expect from a team that worked so hard to get back in it in the first
- The team looks completely dispirited on the next couple of shifts.
- Starting to get a bit of pushback here. There’s a long hill to climb.
- Despite the odd-man rushed the defencemen are staying aggressive in the offensive zone. Nothing to lose now.
- The level is gradually beginning to drop as the minutes tick away in the second.
- But they’re still trying to score at least
- There’s one. It’s a great Nick Suzuki shot.
- Cole Caufield nearly gets another one on the next shift, but it’s just out of his sweet spot. Maybe he’ll get one in the third.
- Number-one priority: don’t allow two goals in just over a minute to start.
- A good start, with good looks right around the net from the fourth line.
- well no quick two-goal srike from Tampa Bay, so that’s better.
- Pat Maroon shot off the post.
- The Lightnin are doing a better job of shutting this down now. Not nearly as much aggression from the blue-liners, which is the smart approach.
- Here comes the push.
- There’s a fifth goal to seal it. Price lost a rebound, and it’s in the net.
- ... Or not. Corey Perry makes it 5-3 with a top-shelf shot.
- ... Or yes. 6-3.
- That’s it.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) This is the general sentiment I feel
2) Win Game 4
1) This is the best script for the documentary