Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- The Tampa Bay Lightning are forcing the Canadiens to adjust their offence early in the series before it gets away from them. [Sportsnet]
- The Canadiens planned to be watching less and playing more in Game 2 to avoid heading home down 2-0 in the series. [Sportsnet]
- After Game 1, a convoy of pickup trucks equipped with Habs flags formed near the Anahim Lake rink ring, B.C to show appreciation for Carey Price. [RDS]
- Luke Richardson is doing a darn good job while Dominique Ducharme is in COVID protocol. [Montreal Gazette]
- Brendan Gallagher saw the photo of him with blood gushing down his face after his head was slammed into the ice in Game 1. But he’s good to go for Game 2... with a smile. [Montreal Gazette]
- Looks like the Habs won’t be getting extra fan backup in the Bell Centre for the Final.
The Montreal Canadiens announce that Quebec Public Health authorities will not allow the Canadiens to have more fans in the Bell Centre.— Jared Book (@jaredbook) July 1, 2021
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Connor McDavid, among others, is not going to be happy if Gary Bettman reneges on allowing NHL players to play in the Beijing Olympics this coming February. [Sportsnet]
- As of Wednesday, Tom Dundon is the Carolina Hurricanes full owner after purchasing the remaining shares. [Canes Country]
- Adam Fox of the New York Rangers joined an elite list after being awarded the Norris Trophy on Tuesday night. [The Hockey Writers]
- Jonathan Toews is back on the ice after being sidelined for the 2020-21 season.