For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Lehkonen is back! And on the top line with Gallagher and Danault. Gally and Lehky on the same line? Yes, please!
- Scheifele is suspended. Good.
- Keep your eyes on the prize (see what I did there?) The best way to retaliate for the hit on Evans is to win.
- So let’s retaliate. Hard.
- Well, nobody came out fists flying so that’s a good start.
- However, this slow, cautious start isn’t what I had in mind. There’s got to be a happy medium here somewhere.
- Caufield had three shots on goal in his last three games. He has three SOG by the middle of this period. Perhaps we’ll be treated to a Cole Playoff Goal tonight?
- It took a while but the Habs are finally starting to get moving and make Hellebuyck earn his paycheque.
- Perry’s on the receiving end of a crosscheck to the face by Stanley. But don’t worry, Stanley didn’t have to sit for it or anything.
- The fourth line of Armia-Staal-Perry is actually looking pretty sharp.
- Chiarot shows everyone how defence is done by stopping Connor on a 2-on-1 to keep it at zero.
- Byron starts the period off in the box for hi-sticking Lowry 22 seconds in.
- Lehky and Toffoli go 2-on-1...Toffoli goes for it and... draws first blood on the power play!
- Caufield with another attempt. Clearly, he’s been given the go-ahead to shoot every time he’s in the vicinity of the puck. I support this plan.
- Perry’s down again but this time Perreault gets called for interference.
- Hey, Cole... now?
- Lehky almost accidentally decapitates Morrissey after his stick goes up and gets caught off the side of the glass.
- Man, the Jets really like their cross-checking, don’t they?
- Rough shift for Copp who gets hit twice by the puck at the hands of his own teammates. Once in the ankle and then again in the back after he falls to the ice.
- We’re back on the penalty kill as Weber gets called for tripping Ehlers. But, we like Ehlers now, remember?
- I mean, I’m fine with a 1-0 victory but a little insurance never hurts.
- The puck rides up Petry’s stick and slams into his chin. He’s slow getting up but he’s all good.
- Habs finally start putting on some pressure with six minutes left.
- Hellebyuck shuts down an Anderson-Byron 2-on-1, a Suzuki shot, and a KK shot.
- Forbort gets a little too close for comfort with three minutes left but, don’t worry, Price is on it.
- Toffoli off the empty net post.
- Poink blocks Danault’s empty-netter attempt.
- I’ve been waiting so long to say this...
EOTP 3 Stars
3) That’s when they should have cut to him in the press box
2) The best kind of goals, though ones at five-on-five are good too, guys
1) No last-minute goal to ruin this one