For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Well, here we are.
- Game 6 on home ice with a chance to close the series and head to the Stanley Cup Final for the first time in 28 years.
- I have a really good feeling about this.
- No pressure.
- I’m so freakin’ excited!
- Gally tries to check someone and almost knocks himself off his own feet. Leave the checking to the big guys, Gally. You do you.
- High stick on Merrill and we’re heading to the power play two minutes in.
- Gallagher blocks a shot and hobbles off the ice.
- Gonna have to start having a little fun, fellas. Everyone is looking a little too cautious.
- Chiarot blocks a shot but takes Price out of the net with him giving me a
mildmassive heart attack.
- Argh! Anderson flys down the ice at 35 km/hr and is oh so close to opening the scoring.
- But a Weber power play bomb opens it instead!!
- And what a screen by Kotkaniemi to help his captain out.
- Smith answers Weber’s goal 48 seconds later as we watch the puck trickle past Price in horror.
- I’m going to need a little breathing room here.
- Missed call on a high stick slashing Weber’s throat.
- But the hook by Toffoli didn’t get missed so time to show off our PK skills.
- Three on one... but nadda.
- However, turns out there were six Knights on the ice at the time so another power-play goal would be nice.
- Shoot. The. Puck. Imagine the possibilities.
- ‘Atta boy, Caufield! THAT’S what happens when you shoot!
- That look of determination on Caufield’s face before. No Cole smile after scoring. Lehner, I wouldn’t want to be in your skates right now, dude.
- Thirty penalty kills in a row killed. Who would have thought we’d have that impressive streak?
- Price with a big pad save! Thankfully we have fans in the stands so we can hear the “Carey” chants in appreciation and I’m not just doing it alone in my living room this time.
- Let’s do this! My heart can’t handle a Game 7.
- Martinez ties it up one minute in. *heads to the liquor cabinet *
- More breathing room, please. I beg you.
- The Habs are fighting back so there’s still hope.
- Suzuki is a tough little bugger as he takes yet another hit after a great scoring chance.
- I’m feeling an Armia goal. But I’m not picky. Anyone in red will do just fine.
- Caufield with a break but couldn’t get it past Lehner this time.
- Anderson taken down at centre ice with Tuch’s shoulder to the chin. I get letting things slide but come on, refs. Not only was that a headshot, it was on such a pretty head.
- We’re getting another chance with an extra period.
- *drains whiskey glass and turns to yoga *
- Seriously. I can’t handle a Game 7.
- A Lehky goal!!! A Lehky goal!!
- Lehkonen: Just call me OT Hero.
- See you in the Final!
EOTP 3 Stars
2) But he’s so small
1) He always finds a way to make his mark in big moments