For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- 3AM is an ungodly hour to wake up for a hockey game, even in the summer.
- So... All tied up then. And I’m not talking about myself at 3AM.
- Remember power plays? Yeah, me neither.
- The fans yell “KNIGHT” in the “Star Spangled Banner”. How very clever.
- Good luck replicating such crowd pleasers, Kraken.
- It’s only 38 °C in Vegas tonight. Don’t forget your sweaters, kids.
- Josh Anderson. Speed! Power! HORSE!!
- Jesperi Kotkaniemi – He scores when he wants.
- Most Canadien players are in Fleury’s head right now.
- If Montreal were to eventually lose this game, at least they’ve scored and not done... You know... Like the Isles did last night.
- The GM of the Year-winning Isles, that is.
- Oh, Carey Price is most definitely in many Vegas attackers’ head as well.
- The linesman gets a puck in the face. Looks painful.
- Maybe Chris Lee is in the audience and can replace him if necessary?
- Every time Fleury is out of the net to play the puck is an instant flashback to Game 3.
- Hey, a power play!
- Psych! After video review it is determined that the Canadiens don’t deserve power plays.
- That 2-0-goal is just *chef’s kiss*.
- Caufield’s pass to Toffoli on that Fleury save was also *chef’s kiss*.
- Carry on your wayward, Habs.
- Mark Stone: “And what would you like for dessert?”
- Me: “One power play, please. Red hot. With sauce.”
- Mark S: “One power play coming up. With extra sauce!”
- Me: “Gee. Thanks Mark! That’s almost too much... But I’ll take it!”
- First the young prodigy assists an old veteran. Then an old veteran serves another young prodigy.
- The Canadiens of 2021 is like if a kindergarten and a retirement home merged.
- Conference Finals. Montreal Canadiens. 3-0 in Game 5. Let’s breathe deeply and enjoy this moment.
- The play-by-play just mentioned it, but it feels eerily quiet to be a full house. A reminder of the strange regular season.
- Maybe the spectators just left to hit the slots instead?
- Keep it clean now. Don’t give Vegas a breath of air. Let them sweat into the period break.
- Normally, making them sweat would involve NOT awarding the opponents a power play, but right now Vegas are probably getting more frustrated playing 5-on-4.
- Great shot by Pacioretty.
- He tricked everyone in the arena when he fanned on his first attempt.
- Let’s get ready to rumble.
- Oh, the crowd suddenly woke up from their slumber.
- A two-goal lead against a resurrected opponent is agony.
- You better watch out.
- You better not cry.
- The seconds are ticking away, slowly but surely.
- Every second Montreal establishes possession out of their own zone is a welcome breather from the defensive zone faceoffs.
- Fleury is out.
- “Nick Suzuki says: Good Knight”
- Eleven down. Five to go.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) This is the best game plan
2) And Kotkaniemi, too!
1) Perfect road game