For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- So, here we are.
- Heading into Game 3.
- With the series tied at one.
- Without our head coach.
- Chris Lee is reffing.
- This is going to be interesting.
- Demon-eyed Petry is still with us this evening.
- I’m not sure if either team realizes they’re in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup semifinals.
- Kotkaniemi is the first to head to the sin bin thanks to a soft hooking call.
- Maybe that’s what we need to actually get a shot on goal. Because, you know, we’re almost halfway through so it would be nice.
- A power-play SOG. That must be what we’re waiting for.
- Alright, now we’re talking. We got a shot off. That makes 12-1. Look out now, Knights.
- Any other Hab besides Price want to play this game?
- Because if you don’t care then I don’t care. Ok, fine. I care.
- Anderson shows the most life of anyone so far and comes close to opening the scoring, until he’s hooked (no call btw) and knocks off the net.
- It’s not the number of shots on goal, it’s the number of goals. Right?
- Prediction time: We’re seeing an Anderson goal tonight.
- A hit on Suzuki by McNabb 24 seconds in sends Weber to the box for retaliating.
- I think this is going to be a much different period than the first.
- Staal behind the net blindly passes and puts the puck right on Roy’s stick. And Roy put the puck right in the net.
- No worries. Caufield evens the score 38 seconds later on a breakaway!
- Suzuki and Caufield continue to be the power-up duo and it’s just plain awesome.
- Caufield glides on in and almost grabs the lead.
- Tuch tries to go five-hole on Price but he was ready for it. Phew.
- McNabb gets away with a crosscheck because, well... who knows.
- Kotkaniemi gets comfy in the sin bin once again for hooking. Either KK doesn’t know how to use his stick anymore or the officials don’t know how to officiate...
- So, here’s the game plan...
- 1 — McNabb needs to sit in the corner for the rest of the game as to try to protect all of our players.
- 2 — Price needs to continue to be amazeballs.
- 3 — We need to score more goals. I’m partial to an Anderson or Lehky goal this evening but I’m not picky.
- Pietrangelo must have gotten a hold of my brilliant game plan. Vegas takes the lead.
- PRICE got the game plan and that save was amazeballs x 100!
- Oh, hey look. We finally hit double digits in SOG. Vegas hit that three times over but who’s counting?
- Stone off the post. Well, the puck. Not the player, unfortunately.
- Five minutes left to tie this baby up. Or even better, notch two quick ones.
- ANDERSON ties it up with two minutes left! I feel like somebody called that...
- Please follow Third Period Game Plan.
- No call for a blatant slash to the face on Perry who’s bleeding (cough, cough double minor) and heading to the room. Stick and glove still on the ice.
- This means war. Now we need to win.
- See 3-step plan above and add some spite.
- ANDERSON GAME OVER!!
EOTP 3 Stars
3) What would we do without these ladies?
2) Roped that dope
1) Sir Powerhorse