For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Playing hockey in 45 degree heat? THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN!
- Hey, a win here would be sweeter than sugar!
- “Why do we fall, Master Bruce? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.”
- Last time I wrote one of these, Montreal dominated and took an early lead thanks to Joel Armia #FinnishFury
- Let’s hope for a repeat tonight, right?
- LET’S HOPE FOR A REPEAT TONIGHT, RIGHT!!!
- #ArmiPower #JoJoRobbit #JoJoRepeat #RidiculousHashtagSeason
- Petry’s eye frightens me.
- And The Eye follows its master to the box for a tripping minor.
- Killing penalties? No problem.
- Slaying knights on ice in 45 degree heat? No problem.
- “Toffoli working on a seven-game point-streak.”
- Let’s make it eight, shall we?
- LET’S MAKE IT EIGHT, SHALL WE!!!!
- And who dishes out the assist? Cole freakin’ Caufield, man!
- To quote almighty robot skeleton Geoff Peterson: “I think I’m in looove!”
- It’s a two-goal lead going into the second.
- Pizza seems to have replaced poutine as the favoured type of food in Montreal at the moment.
- Phil Danault has promoted it well #NotAnAd
- Patches hits the inside of the post. He didn’t want to score.
- Carey Price is awake and In. Da. Zone.
- How on Earth did Alec Martinez not score there?
- Correction: How did Carey Price get a piece on that?
- Killing penalties? Not a problem.
- Slaying knights? Not a problem.
- Patches whiffed on the best opportunity of the PP.
- He doesn’t want to score. Carey’s his buddy.
- Lord Paul does it again and we have a 3-0-game!
- Anderson kicks the stick of the Vegas D-man to let the puck pass through for the Byron breakaway.
- And whaddaya know. Jesperi Kotkaniemi has his inaugural playoff assist after previously scoring eight goals in 21 playoff games.
- Hold out until the period break!
- Or don’t.
- You can’t let point shots pass through that much traffic in front of Price.
- Staal sticks up for Perry. Seniors unite!
- It’s a two-goal lead going into the third.
- Carey denies Alex Tuch on a breakaway.
- Is the crowd really chanting: “Go Price Go!”?
- Would’t surprise me. Vegas wants entertainment. Who cares about who’s winning in the end, right?
- The Habs power play sure hasn’t disappointed us tonight.
- But that’s only because there hasn’t been one yet.
- Eddy’s just eating minutes and thriving. Why were the Canes not able to use him in a more advantageous role?
- Play it tight, knock it away.
- It ain’t pretty, but it doesn’t have to be at this point.
- Yup, that happens when you take an icing and your players are dead tired.
- This is a one-goal game with five minutes left to play.
- Price hands the puck to Marchessault in the slot, but untangles his own mistake with the save.
- How slow can three minutes be???
- We survived.
- Slaying knights? Nema problema.
- Nine down. Seven to go.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) He’s now a core member of the team
2) Executing the game plan
1) This is an awful superstition to have to maintain