For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- The injury list continues to grow as Danault is now sidelined with a concussion.
- Let’s not have a repeat of Thursday night’s game. Like, at all. I beg you.
- Although, I will take a Lehky goal. But other than that, no repeats.
- Make your mothers proud tonight, fellas.
- We’re 20 seconds in with no goal against. So far, so good.
- Edmundson goes down hard after a trip by Dermott. I say trip, the refs don’t.
- Kulak draws first blood and the Habs are on the board!
- And Belzile picks up an apple during his first shift of the season.
- KK is being a terror and throwing the body around. It’s pretty great.
- Holl is the first to head to the box for tripping Armia and we’re off to the power play.
- It’s your time to shine Suzuki.
- Or, you know, save it for later.
- Holl jumps out of the box, grabs the puck, heads for the net and Caufield’s quick on the backcheck to say not happening my friend.
- Toronto ends the period with just three shots on goal. I love it.
- And there’s the Suzuki goal that he was saving for 30 seconds into the second!
- Brooks tries to get under the blocker of Allen as he’s holding the puck. A little scuffle ensues but nothing serious.
- Is it weird that I loved it when Anderson gives Simmonds a good old shove to the ice? #AndersonCrush
- Caulfield with a breakaway but couldn’t control the puck.
- Allen wasn’t ready for Engvall’s shot and lets in a real stinker to make it a one-goal game.
- Suzuki’s rush past everyone in his way on a path only he can see apparently.
- Petry off the post! His shot. Not Petry.
- A tic-tac-toe fools Allen and Nylander ties it up.
- Ugh...Marner off the faceoff and the Leafs take the lead.
- If Allen can grab a quick power nap during intermission, I think we can get this game back.
- KK with the quick release but can’t get the puck past Campbell. Poor KK hasn’t found the back of the net since March 30.
- Hutton sends Anderson flying into the boards and it actually looks cartoonish with Anderson hitting his back off the boards and feet horizontal to the ice.
- Do not injure Anderson! #AndersonCrush
- Nylander trips Suzuki and off to the power play we go. To state the obvious, this would be the perfect time to tie it up.
- Dermott is the latest target for a KK hit.
- Allen stops Matthews at point blank range. Love it.
- Toffoli with a great chance to tie it up but Campbell has a different plan.
- Can we go back in time and play the second period differently?
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Those were the days
2) If only we could get a pinch of consistency
1) Maybe we need some Elton John gifs to help us next game