- Alex Galchenyuk whips a backhand shot on goal and the Leafs are up just seconds in.
- Not the way you want to start versus the Leafs.
- Good pushback with a scramble in front, but Habs can’t bang the puck in.
- And it’s now 2-0 as John Tavares gets his stick on a rebound that shouldn’t have been there.
- Canadiens have a great two-on-zero rush while short-handed. It results in Nick Suzuki taking a high stick in the face from Tyler Toffoli, if you wanted a snapshot of how the period is going.
- Canadiens are actually in better control of the game, minus the two chances.
- Well, make that minus the three chances that result in three goals for the Leafs.
- Rough start from Primeau, who looks like an EBUG dropped into his first competitive game.
- Habs’ spirit has been broken, and the Leafs ae getting all the shots now.
- 4-0 now, despite Ben Chiarot’s efforts to keep the puck from hitting the back of an empty net twice.
- The period comes to an end, and the shellshocked Habs glide their way off the ice.
- Allen comes in to start the second, as he needed to.
- Two Habs are celbrating a power-play goal to start the second period.
- But it’s not actually a goal.
- Leafs put the puck in the net on a delayed penalty.
- It’s not actually a goal, either.
- Cole Caufield gets open for a shot. You know that’s a goal.
- Josh Anderson drops his shoulder in a one-on-one rush with T.J. Brodie. It’s not a goal, but it is a power play.
- A few looks, Caufield misses a swing at a bouncing puck, and it’s still 4-1.
- Tyler Toffoli gains the zone, get the shot on net and Artturi Lehkonen bangs in a rebound. It’s a 4-2 game.
- Jesperi Kotkaniemi takes a high stick from Alex Galchenyuk as we get a little third overall on third overall violence.
- Kotkaniemi needs to work on his bleeding skills. It’s just two minutes.
- The young power-play unit get some looks, but there’s no goal to be found.
- Caufield still doing everything he had to find a goal. Have to admire the spirit.
- And as a reward for sticking it out to the end, you get to see an Auston Matthews goal!
- Perry and Caufield get a chance to work on their chemisty in the penalty box as the Leafs get a five-on-three
- Killed off. Caufield tries to score another one.
- Game ends 5-2. Saturday will have to be much better.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) You weren’t the only one who was late
2) There have been some ... interesting personnel decisions for sure
1) If only we’d all been as lucky as sualbu