For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Sure, it’s going to be hard to beat the excitement of Saturday night’s game. But we can try, right?
- It’s Jon Merrill’s 400th career game. He’s on our team, right?
- Over four minutes in without whistle. Nice pace.
- Armia and team with the best chance so far.
- Not as good a chance as Rielly though. The first whistle of the game comes with a goal.
- Galchenyuk heads to the box to give his former team a leg up. Thanks for that, Chucky. Hopefully, we can repay your kindness.
- Toffoli’s wide open people. Passing to your top goal scorer might be a good idea.
- An almost-Caufield-power-play-goal as the puck blasts off the crossbar!
- Marner strips Romanov and starts heading towards Allen for a shorty. This feels like it’s going in slow motion.
- He goes high! Whew.
- KK, Caufield, and Romanov playing the puck on the power play is quite enjoyable to watch. No goal came from it, but it’s enjoyable nonetheless.
- Toronto heads to their third penalty of the game.
- Third time’s a charm?
- It is when Toffoli gets the puck after a gorgeous feed from Suzuki!
- Romanov with a puck over the glass penalty. If you’re going to take a penalty, it’s got to be a better one than that.
- Lehky with an oh-so-close shorty.
- Romanov leaves the box and Toffoli takes his place while the bench is still warm.
- A power-play goal and back-to-back penalties killed. Special teams are showing up tonight.
- Time to play catch-up yet again as Matthews tips in Muzzin’s shot.
- Time for one of those come-from-behind wins we enjoyed all weekend.
- Sending the Leafs to the power play isn’t going to help us get there.
- Luckily, special teams are still up to the challenge.
- Chiarot is just blown away that he didn’t get the puck past Campbell.
- Perry goes for the wraparound on while Campbell is distracted... and loses the puck. Sigh.
- Armia tripped right in front of the ref and I’ll give you one guess as to what happened.
- Danault ties it up with 52 seconds left!! Let the comeback commence!
- Toffoli on the breakaway!
- And he misses.
- Matthews and Marner teaming up and heading towards Allen.
- And he shuts them down!
- This OT is intense.
- Clutch Caufield jumps on the ice with 16 seconds left and ends the game!
EOTP 3 Stars
3) What a pickup!
2) Turning back the clock
1) Five games? I say he does it