For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- It seems like the Canadiens are intent on getting knocked out tonight.
- Remember one week ago? I was a happy man back then.
- Well, at least I’m 1-for-2 this week. The Habs may be an endless dissappointment, but at least my darling Italy won the Eurovision Song Contest last Saturday.
- Rock ‘n’ roll never dies. Apparently.
- Let’s just rip the band-aid quickly tonight, Auston. Don’t leave a man hoping.
- Perkele Joel! Great shot, great goal.
- Unfortunately, we have become accustomed that just like the postma only knocks once, so does Montreal in this series... So perhaps we’ve seen everything good now five minutes in.
- You did it, Auston. You’ve left a man hoping, you mean mean moustache man.
- No we have not! I’ll gladly eat my own words. Perkele again, Joel. That’s two on the night!
- Let’s shove the smug faces back up into Toronto. Make them eat lemon for the night!
- 2-0 baby! How does it keep getting better?
- Old-men-assist alert on that second goal.
- I am old enough to remember Josh Anderson scoring off the rush in the first game of this series.
- William Nylander, who do you think you are? There’s only room for one Wild Bill in the National Hockey League.
- This is Carey Price’s world and we’re all just meandering around in it.
- Period break and two goals up. Let’s Discoteque right at my home! Is it ok to dance alone?
- I want to see Tyler Toffoli score again. It’s been too long. Go on Tyler, give me some sugar.
- I ain’t picky though. I’ll take a KK goal as well.
- That came completely out of nowhere. Great effort, young lad from Pori.
- Annnd of course we can’t just stay 100 per cent happy for TOO long. Hyman gets one back after an icing call which sure as heck didn’t look as it should be an icing call.
- I was expecting more of an offensive force from Toronto in the second period. So far the second has remained even, to my delight.
- Armia really is near the centre of the action tonight. ”Au milieu des failles où tout éclate”, you might say.
- Power play time. One thing is for sure; we won’t see a Canadiens goal within the next two minutes.
- Well, what do you know? I can actually predict the future.
- At least we got to see Weber blast one of his rockets. Campbell will have a mark on his arm tomorrow, that’s for sure.
- Rasmus Sandin hasn’t played since he gave up that third goal to KK. Sweden 0, Finland 1.
- Price is coming up big early on in the third.
- Then Gally takes an interference penalty and I’m back biting both finger and toe nails for two minutes.
- Classic Habs. They kill off the penalty, only to let in a goal seconds later.
- How is that allowed to go in? Muzzin shoots it through four bodies from the point. Gah.
- Isn’t it time now for a Habs d-man to score a point or two? Petry? Anybody?
- 3-3 and Galchenyuk is behind the game-tying goal. Just another night in my pitch black paradise.
- God, remember at the start when I said “don’t leave me hoping”? We’re off to overtime.
- Chucky with a moronic no-look pass right to a Hab...
- This is a 2-on-0...
- It’s Caufield and Suzuki...
- For the win...
- It’s 4-3 and the Canadiens are alive.
- They may be scraping at the bottom of the ocean, but they are alive and that’s all that matters.
- This was a stupid way to add tension to an already tense situation, but the Habs will be back in Montreal for Game 6 WITH FANS IN THE STANDS YEY!
- This calls for celebration. Why celebrate by dancing to Joy Division when we can rave to Ukrainian folklore from the outskirts of Chernobyl instead?
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Big start for the big Finn
2) That was a heck of an effort, ladies
1) Now that’s how you execute a two-on-zero rush