For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- We’re bringing in Clutch Caufield! Things are getting serious now.
- Series is 1-1. What we need is the teamwork and back-checking from Game 1.
- And playoff Price to keep showing up.
- And more Josh Anderson, please.
- Oohhh...we’re starting with an Anderson, Danault, Lehkonon line. I’m already on board.
- Galchenyuk gets a double minor for high sticking Gallagher’s face. Guess the bromance is over.
- Caufield off the post! We just may see a Cole Goal tonight.
- And that was the only attempt we got on a four-minute power play. That was a bad power play even by Habs standards.
- Gally with the best shot he’s had all playoffs and it’s not quite high enough to get past Campbell. Next time don’t be so fancy. A plain ol’ Gally goal will do just fine.
- Lehky with a puck over the glass penalty. Oh, Lehky.
- Playoff Price just reached a whole new level with that in-air paddle save on Spezza!
- Lehky heads to the room after a collision between his head and Sandin’s shoulder at the blueline.
- Toffoli gets the lamest “unsportsmanlike conduct” I’ve ever seen. Not this again, refs.
- Ugh, Lehkonen’s done for the night. It was an accident so...
- Sandin will have to answer the “code” now, right? Fair’s fair.
- Price is making a save as Perry goes crashing into him. Luckily Price squeezed tight and didn’t cross the goal line. Still 0-0.
- But, not Perry heads to the room as Anderson serves a hi-stick penalty for Perry.
- I feel like this is about to really start going downhill.
- Nylander makes it a 1-0 game after his shot deflects off of Chiarot’s skate.
- The Habs haven’t even reached double digits for SOG and we’re halfway through the period.
- At least Perry’s back on the bench.
- Get. Out. Of. Your. Zone.
- Price is the only thing that’s keeping me from completely pulling my hair out in frustration right now.
- Suzuki gets us on the board to tie it up! Bless you, Nick. One tiny bald spot is not a big deal.
- Rielly takes the lead. *feels growing bald spot *
- Price with a flurry of saves on Matthews and Marner. Love it.
- A pileup ensues behind the net and, oh good, we’re treated to another nauseating Auston smile amidst all the bodies.
- Anderson, Chiarot and Brodie head to the box for roughing.
- Playoff Price continues to show up. Let’s hope the rest of his team does in this period.
- Well, I’m getting Playoff Price and 14 minutes of Anderson ice time so I think it’s time to add to my wishlist...
- More Habs goals and throw in a win just for fun.
- Why isn’t anybody shooting?!
- Gallagher with the best shot this period but couldn’t tie it up.
- It must be some kind of sneak attack plan by the Habs to finally up the energy this late in the game.
- Four minutes left. Let’s do this Caufield. Or anybody.
- I guess we can wait until tomorrow’s game.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) A dangerous player all night long
2) He gave them their chance
1) This is the biggest question