For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- We’re in the playoffs, baby!
- Against the Leafs.
- This is gonna be ah-some.
- Playoff Prediction — Anderson is the first Hab to score.
- It’s go time!
- Seeing Gally back in the lineup makes me happy.
- Anderson’s already throwing the body around. He wasn’t kidding when he said he was ready for this series.
- The speed in the first minute of this game is making me excited and anxious at the same time. #BeerMe
- Anderson is so close to opening the scoring! Soooo close.
- Gally’s bleeding already. But, hey, at least it’s not his hand.
- We’re halfway through. No penalties and the Habs have dished out 15 hits.
- Oh no. Tavares is hurt. A plain old hit by Chiarot knocks him to the ice and a speeding Perry can’t get out of the way fast enough and crashes into Tavares’ head.
- Out comes the medical team and stretcher. Even the Canadiens medical team is on the ice helping out.
- Tavares gives the thumbs up while being wheeled out. And we collectively let out the breath we’ve been holding for the past few minutes.
- Give me a freakin break, Foligno! Making Perry fight for what was obviously a freak accident?!
- Anderson opens the scoring!!
- Perry’s gone to the dressing room. Foligno...
- Perry’s back on the bench. Phew.
- Holl gets called for delay of game and off we go to the man advantage.
- Marner goes for a shorty but Anderson’s speedy back check puts a stop to it. Because as we’ve know, the ‘A’ in Anderson stands for awesome.
- But Nylander swoops in shortly after to tie it up.
- Chiarot heads to the box to give the Leafs a better chance to take the lead. Matthews’ grin is making me physically nauseous.
- This period is way more scattered than the first. Let’s get a bit of focus back boys. We’re just tied. No need to panic.
- Although, getting a stick on the puck might help.
- Toffoli with the best chance of the period. Unfortunately, Campbell makes a good save to keep it even.
- Armia misses the net and Simmonds slashes at Perry just because.
- Finally, this period is over.
- Anderson picks up a rebound and almost takes the lead but is stopped by
- Leafs with another delay of game penalty. What are you so afraid of?
- Not our power play, obviously.
- Anderson (yes, again) with another great chance, and a slick move to boot. But still no goal.
- Anderson and Price are the only ones who seem to have remembered they’re in Game 1 of the playoffs.
- Seriously, another delay of game, Toronto. You’ve played hockey before, right?
- I feel like the Leafs are taking all of these delay of game penalties just to poke fun at the Habs power play.
- Price with a big blocker save on Marner to keep it even!
- Byron goes in for a shorty, gets tripped... and takes the lead!
- Turns out our PK is better than our PP but off to the PP we go again. Surprisingly, not for delay of game this time.
- There are three minutes left and Danault takes a tripping penalty. Please just hang in there. I beg you.
- Thank you, Carey Price.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) First and foremost, we’ll hope for the best for Toronto’s captain
2) Playoff Powerhorse is a lot of fun
1) What a way to finish it off