Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- Brendan Gallagher says that the Canadiens are “excited and energized” to finally have a healthy lineup heading into the Stanley Cup Playoffs. [Montreal Gazette]
- The alternate captain explained why his team will be tough to beat against their archrivals. [The Hockey Writers]
- After missing the last three games of the regular season due to a concussion, Phillip Danault says he’s fully recovered and ready for the “huge challenge” that awaits. [Journal de Montreal]
- Carey Price is also fully recovered from his concussion and feels the rest will be a bonus heading into the playoffs, similar to entering the bubble last July. [Journal de Montreal]
- With a week off and some practice sessions, the Canadiens will have time to work on the aspects of their game that will allow them to compete well against the Maple Leafs. [The Hockey Writers]
- Andrew Zadarnowski previews the Habs-Leafs playoff matchup and calls Cole Caufield Plan B. [TSN 690]
- Happy Birthday, Mr. Perry!
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Jack Campbell will be the Maple Leafs starter for Game 1 against the Canadiens. [Sportsnet]
- Why the Oilers are likely to break up Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl for Game 1 against the Winnipeg Jets. [Montreal Gazette]
- Four teams who have the most to lose by falling short and getting eliminated early in the playoffs. [Sportsnet]
- Marc-Andre Fleury makes history!