For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
While Montreal rests some players, the Oilers will filed their full team, this bodes well.
- Two minutes in and Cole Caufield scores!
- Not sure if Jesperi wanted to have a bit of fun, or just plain lacks about an ‘Ever Given’ amount of confidence.
- Just like Primeau, even if there seems to have been a deflection.
- Shorthanded goal! Suzuki!!!
- and 2-2... The goalies are not showing off their skills today.
- Some juggling of a goalie stick.
- ... and that was the first period done.
- Sin-bin Suzuki.
- A couple of good chances for Montreal, but no goal.
- Mike Smith goes down after an incidental contact. He seems okay after having gotten some time to recover. Looks like he got hit in the head by a knee or skate.
- If the first 10 minutes was goals galore, the next 20 has been a bit of a downer.
- These referees are... let’s say ‘not objective’.
- Oilers are getting all the help they don’t need fro the refs.
- 3-2 Bad guys.
- Well, this is boring. One period to go.
- Montreal pushing for a third goal.
- Suzuki looking at Caufield like he is a little rookie...
- The number of dirty things that McDavid does late or off the puck is incredible, and he gets away with it too.
- We are tied!!!!! The Darling of Montreal with a gorgeous assist to Nick Suzuki. The future is here, now!
- You know a power play for Montreal would be interesting now, but you know, the refs are not on our side.
- Wow, they saw something!!! To the power play we go!
- Well, that was up to our usual standard.
- Kahun wins it for the Oilers, after a Caufield early shot at the other end.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Not a good idea to let the young guys roam around Montreal
2) A nice carefree bit of hockey before we all ramp up again
1) Smile if you’ve done your part to secure your playoff spot