For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- One point. That’s the plan.
- If you really want to go crazy, you can try for two.
- A spinning Evans strips McDavid of the puck. I don’t know what I liked more about that move, the spin or the strip.
- First power play of the night goes to the Habs. It’s the perfect time to get this party started.
- Well, that was a less-than-great attempt.
- Allen, I can’t put my finger on why but you’re making me nervous.
- Actually, the whole team is making me nervous.
- Evans opens the scoring with a beauty of a goal!
- And in his first game back from injury, Byron picks up his 200th point.
- Neal brings the celebrating to a screeching halt tying it up 20 seconds later.
- That was still one beautiful goal by Evans though. You can’t take that away from us, Neal.
- So, turns out this nervous feeling is totally warranted. Nugent-Hopkins makes it 2-1.
- First star of the period goes to Jake Evans.
- Off to the man advantage we go. Who’s up to the challenge?
- But Byron’s up for an even-strength goal to tie it up! Welcome back, Lord Byron.
- So, this Byron-Lehkonen-Evans line... I like.
- The puck trickles past Allen and the Oilers take the lead. Again.
- Allen comes way too far out of his net — like almost to the blueline far — just to keep things interesting. Perhaps he just wants this game to be over.
- Oh, no you don’t. Not without that point.
- Caufield gets his first NHL stick to the face.
- A Lehky goal!!
- What. The. Hell? It’s overturned due to being offside.
- Well, that’s just not fair. The other guys on the line got goals.
- Now we need a revenge Lehky goal.
- Or any revenge goal will be fine.
- Anderson so close to getting a revenge goal but goes wide during a breakaway.
- Lehky with the revenge goal!!
- Anderson heads to the room after being tripped. Please no.
- And he’s back. Phew.
- And off to OT we go.
- We’re in!
- Can we put Lehky, Byron and Evans on for the full OT?
- Freakin’ McDavid couldn’t let us get two points.
- But playoffs, here we come!
EOTP 3 Stars
3) It took a lot of effort, but we did it
2) I think we have one of the lines for the post-season
1) And so they did