For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- The Habs rarely take home a win after a statement win.
- The Habs usually struggle against the Senators.
- The Senators are totally embracing spoiler mode.
- This should be fun.
- Two wins in a row would be pretty darn sweet. Dream big, I say.
- Show us what you got, Primeau. Minus those rebounds of course.
- Brown off the post then off the crossbar. Let’s not count on your little red friends the whole night, hey Primeau?
- There ya go. That’s what I’m talking about, Cayden.
- Shots are even halfway through and the Habs seem to have brought some of Friday’s energy with them so there’s some promise yet.
- I’m constantly impressed with Perry’s sneaky moves. Dude’s got skills.
- This is one of the fastest periods I’ve seen in I don’t know how long. No penalties but no goals either. Off to period two we go.
- Habs grab the first power play of the game after Brannstrom gets caught for slashing Toffoli.
- A flurry of attempts in front of Gustavsson but alas, still nada.
- I predict the Habs are the first on the board.
- Another oh-so-close Caufield goal. It’s coming soon. I can feel it.
- Romanov drops the gloves (well, not literally) with Norris after Norris isn’t happy about taking a clean hit.
- Off to the box they go having a nice chat as Norris points out the cut on Romanov’s nose.
- How can this game be so fast-paced with nothing but 25 SOG total and one fight to show for it? Smoke and mirrors.
- Primeau, I gotta say, you’re making me a little nervous with your rebound control — or lack thereof.
- So turns out I was dreaming way too big about the Habs scoring first. Stutzle made sure of that.
- Seriously? A too many men penalty with 52 seconds left? Sure, why not give the Sens a leg up at the start of the third.
- Two goals. That’s all I’m asking for. Two goals.
- Oh for *bleep sakes! Danault heads to the box for high sticking and gives the Sens a two-man advantage for 48 seconds.
- Chiarot with a great short-handed attempt.
- You know what would be great right about now? A Lehky goal. Or a Caufield goal. Or a Petry goal. Or an Anderson goal. Or a Toffoli goal. Or a Perry goal. Or a ...
- I don’t believe Chabot was on my list of people to score. But there he is.
- Another oh-so-SO-close shot by Caufield. Once he figures this NHL thing out, he’s going to be unstoppable.
- We’re on the board! We’re on the board! Petry fakes everyone out thinking he’s passing to Toffoli fires one past Gustavsson himself.
- Suzuki ties it up on the power play thanks to Toffoli knocking the puck out of the air to start the play.
- And here comes the challenge for goaltender interference on Perry. Breathe. Just breathe.
- The goal gods giveth and the goal gods taketh away.
- And the goal gods giveth again! Toffoli ties it up with a power-play goal with no questions asked this time.
- Habs are staying in the Sens zone but not really doing much about it.
- That is until Caufield nabs his first NHL goal with the OT winner!
EOTP 3 Stars
3) Fitting with the number of young guys on both sides
2) What a season for Caufield
1) That’s one. His eleventy-first won’t be far behind.